More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Cause and Effect: Avenging Elephants
by Marc Abrahams, Improbable Research
Friday, May 21st, 2010

Fr. Sunil de Silva, of the organization America Needs Fatima, reports what is (to him) almost certainly a case of cause and effect:

In July 2008 a severe persecution of Christians broke out in the Indian state of Orissa?.The end result saw more than 500 Christians murdered, and thousands of others injured?

Recently a strange and dramatic event took place in Orissa, which has many people talking and wondering.

In recent months, herds of wild elephants have begun to storm villages that are home to some of the worst persecutors of Christians during the troubles. In one village, where in August a year ago the Christians had to run for their lives while their homes were being destroyed by rioters, a herd of elephants emerged from the surrounding jungle exactly one year later, in July 2009, at the same time of the day of the attack?.

Nobody in this area has seen or even imagined the unique appearance of a herd of wild elephants such as this. The elephants are not ordinary elephants; they appear to be on a mission.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
In July 2008 a severe persecution of Christians broke out in the Indian state of Orissa….The end result saw more than 500 Christians murdered…
I don't see any major news agency having reported anything near that number for Orissa, India.

However, in 2008, there were at least 200 Christians murdered in Nigeria, according to the BBC.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Yes, I know. My point is that the story about the elephants is unbelievable or at least exaggerated because the same story's reporting about the number of murders is also exaggerated, e.g. 500 vs. 30.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Ah-ha! There you go. :)

Gotta love the way the Christian author of that first post slanted his story, though. :D

Reminds me of that recent story where some Muslim leader claimed that women not dressing in the traditional way was the reason we've been seeing more volcanoes and tornadoes...

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.