More threads by Ashley-Kate

with time i have been able to control my self injury a lot better and have decided to share some things i do to help me out.

• in my opinion smiling helps a lot even when it is really hard to when you are on your way home on the bus or the subway smiling to someone and him or her smiling back helps to feel that you made someone smile helps make you feel just a bit better in the day and the happier you are the less chances you will feel the need to S-I
  • Listening to music very loud (with headphones to not disturb anyone) and speed walking keeping your body and mind busy when you are fragile and feel a kind of urge come along.
  • talk to someone or be with someone don't need to tell them that you are thinking of hurting yourself but just having them around ex: the other day i went to my brothers house and my sister in law rented a movie and i simply told her i was not feeling happy and she rented a comedy (Marley and Me which aloud me to cry in the end therefore expressing myself a bit)
  • being around kids (if you like kids) for me it helps a lot when my niece looks at me and smiles and reaches out for my hand so i can go and watch Curious George with her *priceless*
so basically do things in your day that make you feel good about you that make you happy and when you feel vulnerable talk to someone or distract yourself both physically and mentally until the urge has passed.

yours truly
ash

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
Those sound like great ideas :)

Thanks for sharing them with us, Ash :hug:

Hi Ashley ,

Wow that's great for everybody , I'm now smiling thanks to your post .
Thank you for taking the trouble to share this . :)

oh and there is laughing , not for any paticular reason but just laughing helps and sometimes when you start laughing when you are really tired you just can't stop even when you are laughing for just some really small rediculous thing i have to say it really helps to put you in a better mood.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.