More threads by Banned

Banned

Banned
I'm just wondering if anyone has a Blackberry Tour (the one that works all over the world) or the Storm and if so, what do you like or not like about it? Would you recommend one? What are the drawbacks, if any?

I need to upgrade my phone this week, and am lookin at the BB Tour. I haven't had a Blackberry brand phone before, so I am just looking for some feedback on them.

Thanks!

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
Hi Turtle.

I sent an email to a friend of mine who has the BlackBerry Storm through Bell. I asked him what he thought of it and this was his reply.

He told me it was ok for me to quote him here :)

love it, but you cant blind type, and the tilt function gets on your nerves. it'll switch from right side up to side function and back rapidly if you just slightly hold it esque

I am through Rogers and it was going to cost me an addtional $25.00 a month to be hooked up to the Blackberry Network, so I personally opted for a Motorola Krzr. I am not the tech type though. I think a Blackberry would just serve to confuse me further in life :teehee:

If you need more information on the Storm or clairification about what my friend was meaning, feel free to ask. I can email him again, no worries. He is a techy type so sometimes he talks over my head, although that doesn't mean much cause I am so not a techy.

Banned

Banned
Thanks NN!

I don't know what "blind type" means, and I don't know what a "tilt function" is, which means I likely won't ever use those features so it should be great for me haha.

I just use email, internet, and phone function on my technology. Oh and the alarm clock. I don't need any more features than that, although they all seem to come with them. Anything more and I'm severely confused.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
The storm has a touch screen, so you can use it holding it vertically or horizontally. The keyboard will "move" to the direction for which you hold the Blackberry.

Hope I explained that properly. He finds when he uses it, the sensor in the phone is sensitive and will flip to the other side if he does not hold it just right.

Banned

Banned
That makes sense now, NN. I mistook the Storm for something else...maybe the Curve. I have a touch screen now on my phone and hate it. I definitely don't want another touch screen. I will most likely get this phone (the Tour)...Blackberry is a good brand and it should be good.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I looked at the Pearl Flip before and I quite like that.

Ohh, another thing. How the letters are on the keys is different. So just say there was a phone number you needed to call and it was 1-800-Love-dogs. It would be very difficult to find out what all the letters were in numbers.

Most phones have three letters per number button. The Blackberries have two letters per number button.

Did I explain that ok? :blush: gosh sorry if I didn't

Banned

Banned
Well, I got my Blackberry, and I haven't got a clue how to use it! It will be a late night tonight, figuring all this fancy technology out. On the upside, Psychlinks should load faster on my BBerry than it did on my old phone :D

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
:cheerleader: Welcome to the world of the Crack...ahem, I mean Blackberry.

I am happy for ya Turtle :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.