More threads by Cat Dancer

I've been having an intense burning sensation in my mouth for a few weeks. I don't know if this is related to the zyprexa, but I think it might be. I can barely eat anything but some oatmeal. How can I know if it is the medication or something else? It's very painful.

Retired

Interestingly, Drugs.com and Emedicinehealth as well as others show, in their lists of side effects for olanzepine (Zyprexa):

• fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, sores in your mouth and throat;

which may account for the burning sensation you are experiencing.

Your best advice would be to get back to your doctor to report what you have.

It may be due to the medication, or if there is another cause to the burning caused by a mouth infection, it should be treated immediately.

A mouth infection can be problematic for a number of reasons, which is why it should be investigated as quickly as possible.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
If you are having an adverse reaction to a medication, your doctor needs to know about it. It may not go away. It may well get worse.

What are the priorities for your budget? Isn't your health somewhere near the top?

making_art

Hi CD.... I would go to a doc ASAP because it has been going on for too long already....let us know. Do you have walk-in clinics in the US?

No. I do have an appointment with my doctor on Friday though so I'll try to bring it up with her. Thanks for asking.

I'm so dumb. I forgot to bring this up with my doctor. I am still struggling with this burning sensation. I kind of don't think it's medication related. It's making it very difficult to eat anything and even drink things which combined with my anorexia/bulimia is causing me to not eat and to feel very weak. I have also noticed that foods I used to like taste different and not good. Eating is such a struggle. I cannot let myself forget this next time I see my doctor.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.