More threads by thegreatdecay

I was prescribed with a minimum dosage of 10mg per day. The first side effect I noticed was that I became very hyper, kinda euporic, for about a day. It would flucuate a lot, sometimes, it would be a day of pure confusion where I felt intensely spaced out and withdrawn, or just "depressed".

Since then I've stopped, and am wondering about other types of SSRI's. If I took such a small dosage with such wide range effects, are other anti-depressants likely to do the same? I know this is kinda not knowable at this point, but it felt like I was pretty sensitive to it and I was wondering if I might be even more so on higher dosages on drugs that are in the same class.

There definitely were some benefits for a while though...I was much more capable of alleviating boredom (obsessive suicidal fantasies were almost gone after the first week as well!), so in otherwords, at times my motivation was significantly increased. But it was never consistent. I have to admit this is part due to not a consistent daily intake of it either, usually because I was really frustrated and bent on stopping.

Well yeah, please help!

I was prescribed with a minimum dosage of 10mg per day. The first side effect I noticed was that I became very hyper, kinda euporic, for about a day. It would flucuate a lot, sometimes, it would be a day of pure confusion where I felt intensely spaced out and withdrawn, or just "depressed".

Since then I've stopped, and am wondering about other types of SSRI's. If I took such a small dosage with such wide range effects, are other anti-depressants likely to do the same? I know this is kinda not knowable at this point, but it felt like I was pretty sensitive to it and I was wondering if I might be even more so on higher dosages on drugs that are in the same class.

There definitely were some benefits for a while though...I was much more capable of alleviating boredom (obsessive suicidal fantasies were almost gone after the first week as well!), so in otherwords, at times my motivation was significantly increased. But it was never consistent. I have to admit this is part due to not a consistent daily intake of it either, usually because I was really frustrated and bent on stopping.

Well yeah, please help!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
You don't say how long you continueds to take the Celexa or how you went about discontinuing it. Most such side-effects are really adaptation effec ts that will decline after a few days to a week...

However, to answer your primary question, no it does not necessarily mean that you will react the same way to other SSRIs. In fact, for most people who have a negative reaction to one of the SSRIs, the solution is to switch to one of the others and that usually eliminates the problem.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
You don't say how long you continueds to take the Celexa or how you went about discontinuing it. Most such side-effects are really adaptation effec ts that will decline after a few days to a week...

However, to answer your primary question, no it does not necessarily mean that you will react the same way to other SSRIs. In fact, for most people who have a negative reaction to one of the SSRIs, the solution is to switch to one of the others and that usually eliminates the problem.

ThatLady

You also admit you weren't taking the medication as directed and consistently. It's very difficult to know how any medication is going to work for you if you don't take it as directed.

ThatLady

You also admit you weren't taking the medication as directed and consistently. It's very difficult to know how any medication is going to work for you if you don't take it as directed.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.