More threads by Kobayashi

Kobayashi

Wasn't too sure where to post this....

Not sure if anyone managed to watch this on CBC this week. It was a very interesting documentary on "Neuroplasticity". Specifically, they focused on OCD, PTSD and Schizophrenia. The full documentary is available for viewing via the link below. Its nice to know that there are advances in this field. The guy who wrote "brain lock" was even interviewed.

check it out :2thumbs:

Changing Your Mind : The Nature of Things with David Suzuki : CBC-TV

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
The full documentary is available for viewing via the link below.

Unless, as with other CBC documentaries, one has the misfortune of living in the US :)

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 7

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
A consolation prize for those living in the U.S. (and probably elsewhere) is this 30-minute PBS episode/webcast on OCD:

Healthy Minds ~ Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (#107) | WLIW21 Productions

Personal stories and experts provide valuable insight into diagnostic criteria and effective treatments for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).

Featured segments:

[2:30] Jeff Bell, co-anchor at KCBS Radio, CBS network’s San Francisco flagship station, discusses his memoir of life with OCD Rewind, Replay, Repeat.

[8:00] Dr. Judith Rapoport, senior investigator for the National Institute of Mental Health, discusses the role of medication in OCD treatment.

[14:45] Award-winning writer Sharon Begley, science editor for Newsweek and author of Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain, demystifies the complex theory of neuroplasticity and its relation to behavioral therapy for OCD.

[19:30] Dr. Helen Blair Simpson, professor of clinical psychiatry at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and director of the Anxiety Disorders Clinic at the New York State Psychiatric Institute, provides valuable insight into diagnostic criteria and effective treatments available for OCD. Dr. Simpson, actor Tony Shalhoub, who stars as a detective with OCD on the hit television series Monk, and comedian and Deal or No Deal host Howie Mandel, who was diagnosed with OCD, are all spokespeople for the Treat it, Don’t Repeat It: Break Free From OCD campaign developed by the Anxiety Disorders Association of America. Public service announcements by Shalhoub and Mandel are part of the campaign’s national launch.

Hello Does anyone know what seasons and episodes these are (For Ex: Season 8 Episode 2 Or Another Ex: Season 10 Episode 3 That were on CBC TV The Nature Of Things With David Suzuki: (Changing Your Mind) and (The Brain That Changes Itself) there about OCD, PTSD, & Schizophrenia & other mental illnesses & Neuroplasticity?

Thanks

Andy

MVP
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean but if you click on the link Daniel provided it seems as though all the different episodes just go by numbers. Example Episode #107 is OCD, Episode #109 is PTSD. I didn't see any "seasons 1, 2, 3..."

I hope that is what you were asking. If not I apologize. :)

Hello How's everyone today? just a recap on my previous question I just wanted to try to make my question easier to understand. what was the episode and season number That were on CBC TV on The Nature Of Things With David Suzuki: the topics were (The Brain That Changes Itself) which was one show & (Changing Your Mind) which was a different show that was a follow up from the show (The Brain That Changes Itself) they were about OCD, PTSD, & Schizophrenia & other mental illnesses & it was all about Neuroplasticity?

Thanks

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.