More threads by SilverRaven

SilverRaven

Is there information on children who abuse parents?...My son who is now 19 physically abused me when he was 16 just days from 17 he was arrested and convicted for it....I still suffer from the effects from that day...I forgave him for it as that is my nature...I would like to know if this is a common thing among adolescents and parents...is there a way to move on from the abuse they have done to where your not afraid to be around them?...I see lots of information for children abusing children and parents abusing children and adult vs. adult...but can you help me understand if this is just me or if its happens everywhere?..I could use some input...thanks...

SilverRaven

Are you talking about ongoing abuse or an assault on a single occasion?
It is both...it happened many times but he was convicted only the once..as I did not report the others I felt I was doing him harm and making it worse for us...and today even thou hes sitting in jail for other reasons due to his behavior...he writes me letters telling me on one hand that I and my husband were right in our calls on his behavior but then on the flip side he blames me for his actions and behaviors and says terrible things to me....so I was just wondering if others like myself go through this..whether it was just a one time thing and that was it...or if it continues over and over...I do not want to cut off ties with him he needs me in more ways than one and more than he realizes right now but ..does it ever stop?....what do you do when they wont change and do not see what they do as being wrong?.....he was the same towards his little brother to and now writes to him dont be like me...do good in school..listen to mom and dad...and then says things the oppposite....what message does that send out?...maybe I am off base here I dont know..just sounds like abuse to me....and he plans on coming down here when he gets out

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.