More threads by desiderata

desiderata

I can't pretend or portray something I am not. If I am confident it just shows. Just as it shows when I am not. As of now my confidence level is low in many areas. This, naturally leads to negative feelings of myself. I'm not sure when it started to slip but my awareness of it and focus to change it is ever present. It's as if I've lost something and am desperately trying to find it. The harder I try to find it the further away it seems to be.
I believe I will bounce back but weathering the storm is tough.

desiderata

I think much of the issue comes from an increasing sense of being overwhelmed. As we get older most of us slow down. Yet the world around us seems to be moving at 2000 mbps. It's hard to keep up. I want to be in touch with technology and current events so I can relate better to my kids and the younger generation in general. I've witnessed too many people who seem lost when it comes to this. It is also necessary to maintain and advance my career. 90% of it is a matter of time to learn when you have other demands such as family, a house to maintain, quiet time, bills, etc. in daily life.

Retired

As we get older most of us slow down. Yet the world around us seems to be moving at 2000 mbps. It's hard to keep up. I want to be in touch with technology

I can certainly relate to that! Those of us who grew up in the time when quality personal contact was important have difficulty relating to the impersonal almost mechanical way in which business and even government agencies are run....not to mention day to day interaction with people.

I've drawn some lines as to how far I let technology gets into my life. I use what I need to accomplish what I choose to do and ignore the rest.

it is a matter of time to learn when you have other demands such as family, a house to maintain, quiet time, bills, etc. in daily life.

Here here!!:2thumbs:

desiderata

That's good thinking. You take charge of your life and set boundaries. If you let it, the machine will eat you up and spit you out all the while asking you to come back for more.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.