More threads by Kobayashi

Kobayashi

I've been doing alot of research on drug free methods of treating depression, , anxiety, ocd etc. There is a new device that has recently come on the market that has been approved by the FDA in the treatment of depression, and and insomnia. Basically it stimulates the brain using very low frequency electrical impulses.

IF you google "Fisher Wallace" you will find a link to the manufactures web site. The device is not cheap - $700. I was thinking of picking one up to give a try, but wanted to see if any of you have opinions on it before forking out that kind of loot.

There are dozens of links on the internet about the device. Also its now being prescribed by psychiatrists.

Snake oil? Or are they on to something here? My thoughts are that it may just be a baby version of full blown ECT?

Kobayashi

So....I went ahead and purchased this device. Figured I had nothing to lose with the 60 day guarantee.

I've been using it for about a month.

Its working!

I haven't felt relief like this on meds - thats for sure.

Still have some intrusive thoughts, but anxiety is WAY down. Depression is WAY down. I'm sleeping like a baby. Intrusive thoughts, OCD etc are much much lower in frequency and intensity. I've gone from using ativan daily to using it only occasionally - I honestly feel like I don't even need it anymore.

It may just be that I'm having a good month, so I'm going to continue using it for another month and then reassess.

I was VERY skeptical, but I have to say I'm impressed. :2thumbs:

I have no idea why this device is not more popular - probably because of the price.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.