More threads by boi

boi

hi,
I haven't posted in a while because I have been feeling great!!! However, the past couple of days I am getting a little worried. My sleeping patterns are changing (sleeping more than usual) and I feel something inside me that screams depression. Maybe a slight sadness. I am worried it is coming back. i have been great since August. My appetite has changed a little as well. I am hungry but I dont want to eat anything (does that make sense)? What can I do to prevent it. I hope to see a new therapist soon. I know I need to deal with some abuse issues which I havent been and I am thinking about it quite a bit these days.
My past is pretty much haunting me.
thanks

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
How soon can you see the new therapist, boi? In the meantime, have you seen your doctor? Are you currently taking any medications?

boi

Hi David,
happy new year!
I dont know when I will be able to see the new therapist. I am hoping in Feb. I will find out soon when I hear from the therapist. I am not on any medication and I do not see my old therapist anymore. I could always call if I needed to but I think i'd rather wait for the new one.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I was thinking more of your physician rather than your old therapist, as a way of discussing the sleep and appetite issues and other symptoms while you are waiting for yout therapist appointment.

boi

I have a physical this week so I can discuss it with him for sure. what can he do though really?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Rule out physical causes such as hypoactive thyroid, for one. Make suggestions re: medications if you're amenable. Make a referral to a sleep lab for investigation.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.