More threads by pocono

ladylore

Account Closed
Hi Pocono,

The fact that you felt happiness, even for a while is great as its a reminder that feelings do change - you won't feel this kind of sadness forever.

In the mean time I am sending you many of these :hug:

Take care

Ladylore

Halo

Poccono I just wanted to send you some hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: to help you get through the day and know that I have been in your same situation and having the same feelings many times....it does pass and it will get better, just take it one hour or one minute at a time. Lean on your friends, post here and remember that there are people that love you.

Take care :hug:
:hug: :hug:

pocono

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I felt like the walking dead today. Like I am just in function mode, with little feeling or affect. It was better than being completely sad, crying all the time.....but honestly not much better.

i have a big meeting I'm organizing for work on Sunday. it keeps me focused, but I'm also worried I'm going to screw it up somehow.....it will all come crashing down on top of me.

I wonder what people would think of me if they knew what I am going through as i just tread water and smile and try to look ok.

I wonder what people would think of me if they knew what I am going through as i just tread water and smile and try to look ok.
i can tell you what i think of you. i think you are being incredibly courageous. you're keeping going despite of how hard things are. i know this is terribly difficult for you to keep on that front as if everything is ok. i admire your courage and strength.

I agree with ladybug. You are very courageous. I tend to just give up when I'm feeling badly. You are keeping on, doing the things that have to be done. You DO have a lot of courage and strength.

stargazer

I haven't read the thread carefully, as I also haven't posted in a long time. I myself have been unusually depressed, and in a set of circumstances that often has excited me, rather than depressed me. So I don't know what to make of it. But I did notice the Einstein quote beneath ladlylore's signature, and I am reminded that to frame life as though everything is a miracle, and as though there is nothing in the Universe that happens by error or mistake, is probably the best way to live. It might not surmount the depths of all depression and despair, but it can always provide hope where none had been. It did so, for me, this morning.

pocono

Depression has improved somewhat during the day. By early evening I pretty much crash still.

Sunday I have a large work event from 5-9. I'm teaching 1/2 hour workshop in front of 100 people. I spent most of today preparing (twice as long as it should have taken me).

i hope the adrenaline allows me to be "on" tomorrow night. I'm going to take a sleeping pill tonight to make sure I get a good night's rest.

I'm very anxious, to say the least.

Thanks to everyone for your support so far.

i am glad there is some improvement in the depression. it's hard, isn't it? :hug:

i hope the workshop goes well tomorrow evening. i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :crossfingers:

Halo

Good luck on your teaching Pocono...I will be thinking of you and also keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well :crossfingers:

Take care :heart:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.