More threads by Domo

Banned

Banned
Re: Depression & Mood swings?

No, I'm not feeling any difference with meds. I've been on (and off and on and off and on again) a couple antidepressants since last fall, and then last week we added Seroquel. It's probably too early to notice a difference from the Seroquel, and I've always experienced severe depressions even on the antidepressants. I dunno...something needs to change soon though.

Banned

Banned

I take two different ADs in the morning and Seroquel at night. And if the Seroquel doesn't put me to sleep then I also have sleeping pills.

I think it's safe to say this paper isn't getting handed in tomorrow. Oh well.

Domo

Inactive

Hrm how does that work to manage your highs though? I would have thought a mood stabiliser would be required (In my expert opinion :rolleyes: :lol:)

If it makes you feel any better i haven't achieved too much at work today, nor any other day in the past several months.

It's still early, you might get a bost of energy.

Banned

Banned

The Seroquel is a mood stabilizer. I've always been more concerned about the crashes than the highs but even the ADs didn't prevent those so who knows what the Seroquel will or won't do. Also, I'm not the most compliant patient when it comes to meds - I'm on them, I'm off them, then I can't decide, then the cycle repeats...so none of that helps I definitely recommend taking your medication as directed. I'm pretty much my own worst enemy and then when I get in this state I just stop caring about everything which just spirals me further downward.

It's actually pretty late - almost 11pm...I increased my Seroquel tonight (per docs instructions) so I don't even know if I'll be able to get up for school. I couldn't get up on Thursday so I just emailed my prof and told her I was sick. I may do the same tomorrow depending on how I react to these.

Domo

Inactive

:lol: I thought i was a mood stabiliser but then there was that thread the other day about it being used for insomnia and i just assumed i was wrong. Forgot to go back and look it up.

Ah and you were telling me to be good and take meds the other day! (Which i have for the record)

But yes, i get the whole worst enemy thing. I wish i had answers to that little gem.

Ah i didn't realise it was that late, the forum time says it's 9:49 for you...

Banned

Banned

How are you doing today, Domo? Did you get a chance to start that mood log?

Domo

Inactive

I was fine this morning but now i am feeling pretty angry. I know why but it's stupid. It only takes the smallest thing (in the case the 'tone' in the way someone spoke to me in text of all things :rolleyes:) to set me off. It makes me feel completely out of control with my emotions. Blah. Oh well.

I didn't start the mood log. But you just reminded me i need to. I think i'll do that online one that you mentioned in a bipolar thread.

How about you, feeling any better today?

Banned

Banned

My day has been weird. I wasn't doing well at all this morning. I'm doing a bit better now, but not much. I got my exam back in my research class and got 85% so that made me happy. In my psych class we didn't get our exams back because he said over half the class failed it. That made me nervous so I asked him and I didn't fail, but I don't know my mark yet.

I'm still trying to write this paper that was due twelve hours ago.

I think you'll find the mood logs really helpful. I understand about the smallest thing setting you off. I'm like that too. It takes nothing for me to plummet into a downward spiral of despair and desolation.

I am glad you didn't fail Turtle Oh i hope you get your paper done soon. I understand something setting you both off i am the same way something small can trigger me to take care okay both of you.

Domo

Inactive
Wow 85%, impressive :)

I hope you find the energy to write your paper soon...

I'm still not productive at work either.

Banned

Banned
Well, I have to find the energy in the next 24 hours, and since I plan to sleep for about ten and work for ten, I'm running out of options. :lol:

I have a strategy though - I'll write section B tonight and sections C and D tomorrow night.

Domo

Inactive
Hehe yeah.

I am just signing up to moodtracker. I notice you can do charts....i hope i can do pie graphs :lol:

Banned

Banned
You can do pie graphs if you buy the upgrade. I suppose if you really, really like pie graphs it's an option. It just wasn't worth it for me.

What I did like is that you can give other people access to your mood logs. You can add your therapist and s/he can log in and see what your moods look like. That was really invaluable for me when I was tracking my moods.

Domo

Inactive
Haha no i don't like pie graphs that much.

That is coo but i would be suprised if my psych had enough time to log on and check on my mood.

Murray

I know I am a bit behind,but 20 hours of sleep sounds divine! When I was in college I could sleep like that it was awesome!

Congrats on the 85% Turtle, that is wonderful. I also think that if half your class failed and you passed that it is all good no matter what your actual score ends up being- it will still be a great accomplishment.

Banned

Banned
Thanks so much, Murray!

How on earth did you get 20 hours of sleep in college?!! I'm only taking two courses and they are ALOT of work - I can't imagine taking a full course load. I definitely can't pull all-nighters - I'm about 15 years too late for that.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.