More threads by Retired

Retired

Jessica Cox was born in 1983 without arms as a result of a rare birth defect.

That has not stopped her from living her life to the fullest. In fact, Jessica has experienced and achieved more than most people do in a lifetime.

Jessica Cox is the world's first licensed armless pilot, as well as the first armless black-belt in the American Taekwondo Association (she now has two black belts in Taekwondo).

She earned her pilot's license on October 10, 2008, after three years of training, and is qualified to fly a light-sport aircraft to altitudes of 10,000 feet; Jessica Cox flew in a single engine airplane for the first time via Wright Flight. She received her flight training through an Able Flight scholarship.

Jessica has not used prosthetic arms since she turned 14 using her feet as most people use their hands, she is able, among other things, to drive a car (she has an unrestricted license and drives a car without modifications), to type on a keyboard (25 words per minute), to pump her own gas, and to put in and remove her contact lenses.

She is also a certified SCUBA diver. Jessica holds a Bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Arizona and works as a motivational speaker and has shared her message in 18 different countries.

Life is about opportunities.

Jessica Cox website

Jessica Cox Youtube Channel

Sources for this article: Wilkipedia and BBC News

Can she really put in and remove her contacts with just her feet. That seems unbelievable to me. I have a hard time putting mine in (though I've gotten better)with just my hands. If it is true that she uses her feet to put in and remove her contacts that's very amazing to me.

Retired

Jessica Cox: The Movie: Right Footed

Born without arms as the result of a severe birth defect, Jessica Cox never allowed herself to believe that she couldn?t accomplish her dreams. An accomplished martial artist, college graduate and motivational speaker, Jessica is also the world?s only armless airplane pilot, a mentor, and an advocate for the disabled.

Directed by Emmy Award winning filmmaker Nick Spark, Right Footed chronicles Jessica?s amazing story of overcoming adversity and follows her over a period of two years as she becomes a mentor for children with disabilities and their families, and a disability rights advocate working in the U.S.A. and abroad.

IMDB: Right Footed

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.