More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
This reminds me of my 2nd son about that age:

Dinosaurs are fascinating. My four-year-old is obsessed with them.

Recently we were riding on a bus, and he asked another passenger for her name.

"My name is Deena," she said. "Can you say Deena?"

"Deena," said my son. "Can you say pachycephalosaurus?"

Jazzey

Account Closed
From my 3 years old godchild - to his father recently: "When you talk to mommy today, don't use your big words: She's not with it today". :)

Halo

Its quite similar to when I tell my parents to be nicer to me because someday I'll be the one picking the home for them :lol: For some reason their attitude does seem to change after that :D

Atlantean

Well, true to my word last night I told my mother Id have to send her to a home if kept up whatever she was going on about. She laughed.

:jiggy:

Halo

It doesn't work on me. I'm still in my rebellious phase. :eek:

Is that because they claim that when you get older you go into a second childhood of sorts....are you really at that place of rebellion David ?

:rofl: Your children better start looking for the home quick :rofl:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Parents have a retaliation, too, you know: "I brought you into this world. And I can take you out of it." :panic:

[sign]:D Parent Power! :D[/sign]​

Halo

Ahhh.....I have been hearing that since I was 11 and for some reason I am still here :D

What saying is next.....I walked 2 miles to school backwards in a snow storm with no boots...blah, blah, blah :rofl: :rofl:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I walked 2 miles to school backwards in a snow storm with no boots...

You forgot "uphill, both ways...".

Boots? You had boots? You were lucky, mate. We had to paint our feet black with shoe polish and pretend we had boots!

Shoe polish? You had shoe polish? You were lucky, mate. We would have given our eye teeth for shoe polish. We used to have to use dirt from the back alley?

Alley? You had an alley? You were lucky, mate....

Teeth? You had teeth? You were lucky, mate...

Well, you get the drift...

Drift? You had a drift? You were lucky, mate...

Jackie

You forgot "uphill, both ways...".

Boots? You had boots? You were lucky, mate. We had to paint our feet black with shoe polish and pretend we had boots!

Shoe polish? You had shoe polish? You were lucky, mate. We would have given our eye teeth for shoe polish. We used to have to use dirt from the back alley?

Alley? You had an alley? You were lucky, mate....

Teeth? You had teeth? You were lucky, mate...

Well, you get the drift...

Drift? You had a drift? You were lucky, mate...

That sounds very similar to a sketch by some men from Yorkshire:D

Jazzey

Account Closed
I'm just plain grateful they changed their minds and didn't call me Agnes...That's it - for that alone, they're not going into a home. :D

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.