More threads by Daniel E.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I must say I have been coerced into trying tofu once or twice. Horrible, nasty stuff with no taste and a revolting texture. I've had friends tell me that's the beauty of tofu, that it takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with, to which I now rerspond, "Okay. Just skip the tofu and give me whatever you were going to cook it with". :)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Because of the way tofu looks uncooked, my husband refuses to even try it once :)

I do like the way it's prepared in Chinese restaurants, but I don't know how healthy the cooking methods are.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Brandon McMillan's training tips to prevent door dashing:

Sometimes dogs bolt for the open front door, the gateway to their beloved outdoors. This door-dashing habit (also known as dog bolting) can result in injuries or even a lost dog, so use dog trainer Brandon McMillan’s tips to nip this bad habit in the bud.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

crop;matte=ffffff=center;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg
This seatbelt tether to keep him secure in the car: Dogit Car Safety Belt
$12

You know how important it is to buckle up, and this dog safety belt is perfect for keeping your pup secure when you’re riding around in the car. One end attaches to his harness and the other clips right into your car’s seat belt buckle. And the belt is made with a strong nylon weave that won’t snap under strain, so you know your pup will be safe on the road.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"In the winter, 68 F to 72 F is comfortable for you and your dog. Don’t set the thermostat lower than 60 F when you’re gone. Give puppies, older dogs, small short-haired dogs and less healthy dogs a warm bed or an extra blanket on the couch. And make sure the blinds or curtains are open so they can lay in their favorite sunny spot."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"What is interesting is that years of living and working with humans have given dogs an increasingly acute understanding of human emotions, and they now show much stronger attachments to humans than to other dogs."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

1670736511191.jpg

A big problem with a Dremel tool is the noise, but at least some dogs can acclimate to it:

1670716990464.jpg

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.