More threads by Michelle M

I can say for the past month for sure, possibly also some in Jan./18, l have been dreaming of relatives that are deceased and having seen and shown where they are such as getting served dinner, sitting in a couch with a cigarette and a cold drink, to a painted bedroom, decorated and walking through a house and last night going to a party with the deceased friend, then being driven to meet his family who were very happy to meet me and l can remember wearing 2 different shoes and trying to find my dog back at the party and panicking when l could not find her.
They are all different family members and animals and talks in which l remember every word like l was there and they are so vivid, l remember them more then just normal dreams about nothing much. l jumped out of bed a few weeks ago and ran to write down what happened and what exactly was said to me..Every detail of what is going on around us , l can remember so now l am keeping the book beside my bed in case l have another dream. These are starting to become more frequent and l was wondering if anyone could explain this such as why l am having these more often or the messages l have gotten in some.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Dreaming of loved ones who have passed away is common and sometimes they can be very detailed and vivid indeed, perhaps precisely because these were people you loved and knew very well.

I think the significance is that you loved them. That is the significance and the message.

Various medications (maybe even melatonin), or factors that make you sleep more lightly than normal, or a period of time in which you have not been sleeping well and are therefore REM sleep deprived - things like this can create a circumstance where you go into REM sleep (dream sleep) more quickly at lighter stages of sleep than normal. As a result, you may remember more details or remember them more vividly when you wake up.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.