More threads by prayerbear

:confused:Are a lot of people diagnosed OCD/bipolar II? My main diagnosis is OCD, and I am taking the following meds: Zoloft, Geodon, Klonopin, and are there a lot of others with dual diagnosis?

miss ex-clean

and, I am also freshly diagnosed Bipolar II, I have NEVER wanted to hurt myself or anyone else, and my question is why do docs always have to ask "Do you ever have thoughts of hurting yourself or others?" I have never been that way! Please explain this "Psychologyism"!

Last edited:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Because depressed people - and especially people with bipolar disorder when they are in transition from a hypomanic state to a depressed state - are statistically at risk for suicidal thinking and suicide attempts.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I am also freshly diagnosed Bipolar II, I have NEVER wanted to hurt myself or anyone else, and my question is why do docs always have to ask "Do you ever have thoughts of hurting yourself or others?" I have never been that way! Please explain this "Psychologyism"!

IMHO, it would be malpractice not to inquire about suicidal thoughts. Generally speaking, the suicide rate for bipolar II is higher than that of unipolar depression:

Persons suffering from Bipolar II have high rates of suicide compared to persons suffering from other mental health conditions, including Major Depression.

Bipolar disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.