More threads by Ashley-Kate

Holly

Hi Ashley-Kate,
This type of site makes you realize the importance in taking care of our bodies.
Get help before it destroys loved ones!
Take Care
Very interesting site, Ashley-Kate
All the best from Holly :)

thanks for the post i was hesitant to post that site up cause i found that it is really hard and frightening and i thought in some way it may be best to keep it from people but as so many people think and i think it is better to raise awareness about e-d's before they end up killing you or someone you love after seeing that site i looked up some of the girls on the internet and found that most of their parents are upset about the fact that there is so little help and information out there one family expressed that they went to look up anorexia in the library and there was very few books bout it but beside the books were loads of diet books and ways to lose weight.. and they mentioned that something is terribly wrong in our mentality if that is what we are coming to.. innocent people are dying and the killer is yet to be stopped ..
yours truly ashley ..

i say this but i still have a hard time believing myself that this illness is deadly and that everyday i play with death .. stupid how knowingly i am killing myself a little at a time but i can't stop it ..
but then again escaping e-d 's is very difficult but not impossible

Similar threads

Dr. Kari Anderson's book, Food, Body & Love, is only $5 for the Kindle version (or free with Kindle Unlimited). A quote in the beginning of the book:
Replies
Views
Why are eating disorders so hard to treat? by Anees Bahji, TED-Ed May 2022 Globally, about 10% of people will experience an eating disorder during their lifetime. And yet, eating disorders are profoundly misunderstood. Misconceptions about everything from symptoms to treatment make it difficult to navigate an eating disorder or support someone you love as they do so. Anees Bahji shares what is— and isn't— true about eating disorders. Directed by Laura Jayne Hodkin, narrated by Bethany...
Replies
Views
The Invisibility of Eating Disorders By Kacey Clark, AdiosBarbie.com September 18, 2018 I remember back when I was a freshman in high school, all students were required to take a health and safety course, which was basically just fear-mongering around food and weight and exercise with some talk about safe sex and drug use thrown in. This was honestly not the best course for me to take less than a year after being discharged from the hospital for an eating disorder. The entire course...
Replies
Views
Eating Disorders or Food Phobias: Complexities and Overlaps by Libby Lyons, Eating Disorder Hope November 5, 2017 Eating disorders and food phobias are different in nature and typically are different in treatment modalities. Both can involve having foods that are avoided and restrictive food intake. Eating Disorders Quickly Explained Eating Disorders are typically concerned with weight, body size, and shape coupled with a fear of gaining weight or becoming fat. Food phobias usually...
Replies
Views
Weight Loss Surgery and Eating Disorders Dr. Kristine Vazzano, Mirror-Mirror.org Written 2016. Retrieved October 19, 2017 As rates of obesity in the United States rise, weight loss surgery (commonly known as bariatric surgery), is gaining popularity as a weight loss alternative. Many medical professionals recommend bariatric surgery to assist patients in managing their weight and improve health problems attributed to obesity. Although many people who undergo bariatric surgery lose...
Replies
Views