More threads by Thelostchild

ThatLady

I wouldn't be surprised if the combination of medications might have brought about the excessive sweating; however, don't try coming off them on your own. Be sure to tell your doctor what's going on and let him/her advise you as to the best course of action. When we try to take matters into our own hands, we can end up in worse trouble than that which we're trying to escape from.

Retired

As everyone is suggesting, the only person qualified to advise you on whether you should stop your meds and how to withdraw them is the person familiar with your medical history and has a professional and clinical understanding of the medications you are taking. That person is, of course your doctor and should be the only one whose instructions and advice you would be advised to follow on the question of side effects, drug interactions and possibly withdrawing medications.

I strongly advise AGAINST "cutting all meds out", nsa. That sounds like a very bad idea to me

Dr. Baxter is a respected health professional with experience with people who take medications such as these. His advice is sound. For the sake of your own health and safety speak with your doctor about your concerns about your medications and follow your doctor's advice.

nsa i can only echo what has been said already. don't take matters into your own hands with regards to your medication. it's playing with fire. if the medication is bothering you go see your doctor and get his advice on how to get rid of the side effects that are so bothering you.

is the sweating really worse than the dark depths of depression? i know i would much rather be sweating like a pig all the time than go back to the pure, sheer hell that depression can be. yes sweating is a nuisance - but depression is much more than a nuisance. i hope what i am saying doesn't upset you, i do not mean to sound harsh (anything but!) - i just want you to look at things in perspective and say, which realistically is worse for me?

of course i do not know what else you are feeling or what kinds of other side effects you are having, but either way, please see your doctor to alleviate your discomfort. i would hate to see you end up in worse shape just for deciding to stop meds on your own. i am just saying all of this because i care.

take care, i hope things get better for you soon.

Halo

NSA,

When you posted about the effects of not taking meds when you are suppose to, I remember all too well when I was on Effexor and I ended up forgetting to take it. I usually noticed a few hours later with an extreme headache that was usually a good reminder to take it. I know for me being on Effexor did not cause any excess sweating although I did not have many side effects at all at the lower dose that I was on.

I have to agree with everyone else's advice about trying to come off your meds. I think that you should talk to you psych next time you see him and tell him your concerns but please, please do not discontinue the meds without speaking to him first (again speaking from personal experience.....I have been there and it is not pleasant).

Take care NSA

Halo

Great idea Phoenix :) I would have never thought of that and will definitely keep it in mind as I sometimes tend to forget mine on weekends when I am not on a schedule like I am during the week.

Thanks

foghlaim

I don't think i will forget again... in ahurry... i paid the price for doing that...lol.
good idea about the pill box tho... thanks Pheonix... nice one!!

nsa

Lol - Yeah, pill boxes tend to remind me of my 'ma' as we call her (my step mothers mother), but when i was having so much trouble with remembering I went to the dollar store, and they had this really cool cylindrical do hicky, made of plastic with each day being a really differet bright colour from the next. Its really cool, and because its so bright, I have to look at it before I go to bed, (which is when I take them.) I really haven't forgot once since, so I highly recommend it.

Halo

Phoenix,

You describing the pill box just brought back a memory of my grandmother who when living with us use to have one of those and each day had a different compartment for her designated pills in it. She was quite elderly although still had a lot of her wits about her but the only person that she trusted to fill up her pill box for the week was me. Every Sunday evening before the start of the new week that was my job according to her was to fill her pill box.:)

Thanks Phoenix for the reminder of a beautiful memory :)

foghlaim

Phoenix... i clicked on the link you have above and where did i end up..??
on the home page.... lol

me thinks maybe the topic no might be wrong??
thanks anyway... :)

nsa

Halo

NSA

I fixed the link that Phoenix refers to and her experience is on the second page 4th from the bottom.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.