More threads by forgetmenot

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Ending do mean new beginnings - it is those changes that make life interesting though stressful!

Just closed deal on my house it is sold have to move
job my position at work deciding retirement soon
time for my daughter to move on

endings bring stress changes fear doubt

not knowing if can handle all this

emotions tend to be on surface more

never been one for change i am looking at to many changes going to happen to many endings all at once

stressful omg yes but it is fear and sadness taking me over now.

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Beginnings bring hope, renewal and vitality. It depends on how you frame your outlook - hang on to the past or embrace a new future. Is there one thing that you are looking forward to with these changes?

W00BY

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
endings will bring doubt and fear but they are not static

I like to think of endings as a pupative stage much like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly.

endings are us closing something we no longer need and moving closer to not only what we need but what we want!

Good Luck Forgetmenot

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Yeah... it can be pretty difficult, can't it, to see endings in this light of 'potential' and 'positive possibilities'..... even though when we get through some of the fear and the unknown, we can later see it in more of that way....

It can be so hard to push past the part where it all just seems like a huge, unfamiliar, scary unknown which, for all we know, might be filled with horrors and terrors!!

Yes, maybe getting through that bit will become easier, the more we can:

a) Bring as much 'sameness' and familiarity through with us as we can, or focus on what WILL be the same; and

b) find those possibilities that could be positive?

For example, retirement is very scary for so many people. But what if we thought about the idea that, if we want to, we could now spend time on some interesting and meaningful volunteer work of some kind? Our usefulness and occupation certainly does not need to be all over, unless we start thinking that way! We might even find an activity that offers many positive things that our job did (and more!) - those things we might be reluctant to give up....

...who says we really have to!

We can go through changes in the framework of our lives, and yet we can find creative or even fun ways to hold onto the 'essence' of those things we don't want to give up.......

Thinking of you Forgetmenot... xox

clear.gif
Just found this hope i find freedom to finally be me whoever that may be

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.