More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Endometriosis Advice and Support
By Kalena Jordan on personal
Fri, May 28 2010

I had a life-changing health scare a couple of years ago that the doctors thought was ovarian cancer, but turned out to be severe Endometriosis.

This debilitating condition is often misdiagnosed and this can result in years of unnecessary pain and stress that simply increases month after month until a correct diagnosis is made. My condition worsened after pregnancy and eventually led to major surgery, followed by months of recovery. If I?d been more aware of the early symptoms of Endometriosis, I would have saved myself years of agony and would probably have avoided major surgery altogether.

I?ve recently been informed about an online support group for sufferers of Endometriosis, where volunteers and sufferers write about their experiences with the condition and participate in group discussions to help others suffering from Endometriosis symptoms. There is also the Endometriosis Global Forum. I just wish I had known about these sites years ago.

If you or someone you care about is living with Endometriosis, or suspects they may have symptoms, please take a moment to point them to these sites. Your suggestion could literally change their life.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.