More threads by labyssum

labyssum

I have been vegetarian for five years.
Now when I see meat, I am so disgusted, I have to look
away and feel like vomiting.
And seeing someone I know eating meat is just...horrible.
Argh.
Anyone the same?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: Fear of meat....

I have heard such statements from other vegetarians and vegans. I suppose the same things that lead someone to consider vegetarianism are the same things that develop an aversion to meat or other people eating meat. I recall one vegan telling me that she could almost smell meat on another person and that it seemed like the odour of decay.

labyssum

I recall one vegan telling me that she could almost smell meat on another person and that it seemed like the odour of decay.

Oh wow, thats so bizarre! I'm glad I can't smell that on people.
When I see raw meat now I kind of panic. Its like I'm seeing a murder take place. Argh. I :heart: animals so much.

ladylore

Account Closed

I love animals too labyssum. A friend of mine has a dog that which is about 3/4 white wolf. He is beautiful.

I am weird on that issue. I can not think about the way the meat is prepared and I will only eat a few kinds, in small amounts. I am like half vegetarian, but a lot has to do with taste as well. And gristle (sp?) really freaks me out. I don't have an issue with some seafood though. I have considered going all vegetarian, and actually just bought some soy hot dogs to try out!

I haven't eaten meat for many years, but it doesn't bother me that others do, as long as I dont have to touch it or eat from the same plate, sometimes I dont like the smell of bacon and other meats cooking, and living in a flat I can smell the stuff the neighbours cook and sometimes that smell gets in my flat which is annoying. One thing that does disgust me is walking past a butchers shop or the meat counter in the store I really dont know how people can work in those places and handle it and do the other things they do to prepare it and walk around with another creatures blood all over them, that is just too much for me.

I just became a veggitarian a year ago, I no longer even have a desire for meat anymore, it would be a chore just to touch the stuff. I can understand where your fear comes from. Most people who eat meat put barnyard animals at a distance, like walking peices of flesh. When really they are sometimes smarter and more loyal then dogs and cats. When it dawns on you what meat really is, it really changes your perspective.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.