More threads by angelikah

angelikah

I can't sleep. I was laying down trying to sleep and I had very strong flashbacks to when I was 5 years old in the hospital. I can't go into details right now because it would trigger another flashback. When I was laying in bed I felt like the 5 year old that I was. I felt alone, terrified, unsafe and unprotected, vulnerable and like the world was a very unsafe and dangerous place. Nothing I was doing to help myself feel safe and secure again was working. I went through this same experience last night. I texted my therapist and it helped, I drifted off to sleep right away after sending it.

I left a message on her voicemail this evening but for some reason it doesn't have the same effect. The flashbacks only got worse until finally I had to get out of bed. I'm feeling really traumatized. My body is tense. I'm scared out of my mind. :panic: I wanna hide. :hide:

Am I alone in this or has someone else experienced trauma too?

Andy

MVP
I honestly can't say that I have experienced anything like this since I was pretty young and that for me is pretty foggy.
I'm so sorry your going through this.

Can I suggest maybe having a warm bath or drinking some warm milk or throwing a blanket in the dryer to warm it up and then snuggle up with it. lol That last one works with me cause I like to be warm.

What about sleeping pills. Do you have any that can knock you out for the night? Or cough syrup?

I wish I could help you more, I just saw you post this so I thought I would reply and hopefully some of these things might help relax you a little bit.

I hope you get some sleep and are able to get a hold of your therapist tomorrow. Take care

I need to try to get my butt to bed as well as I need to be up in 2 hours. I think sleep will elude me again tonight.:whistle:

Night time is the worst for me too. The flashbacks are so real so much pain. The thing is i just keep saying this is not real this is just a memory this will pass soon. You did right thing get out of bed get your barings look at the things around you and say see im not at the hospital im not the 5 yr old girl anymore. Listen to music write down what is happening. Just know flashbacks can't hurt us anymore they are just that memories. I hope your Therapist calls you today try giving another call to T Sorry you are going through all this stay safe okay.

angelikah

Night time is the worst for me too. The flashbacks are so real so much pain. The thing is i just keep saying this is not real this is just a memory this will pass soon. You did right thing get out of bed get your barings look at the things around you and say see im not at the hospital im not the 5 yr old girl anymore. Listen to music write down what is happening. Just know flashbacks can't hurt us anymore they are just that memories. I hope your Therapist calls you today try giving another call to T Sorry you are going through all this stay safe okay.

Thank you for your feedback, support and for sharing your story Violet.
I'm trying to stay safe. Thank you for your concern.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.