More threads by Andy

Andy

MVP
I have lived in this apartment for awhile and have never had pigeons. This year I have two lovebirds (har har) who have decided that my deck would be a great hangout. I'm hoping there won't be mini rats to follow. At first I thought it was cool as I don't mind them much. I looked at my balcony floor today and I have a fair sized balcony, and all over there is elephant dung sized pigeon poop! :eek:mg:I was thinking "ah, no biggy how bad could it possibly get..."

Ok. Aside from getting a big fake owl does anyone have any tips on how I can get rid of them? No killing. My cat is a mouser/bird muncher, but I think they are a little big. lol
I think I heard once that you could put cayan pepper or something...I don't know. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy

MVP
Thanks CD, there are a couple there that I may try. The fake snakes wouldn't be bad either. I guess if all else fails I am home all the time so I could just walk over and "BOO" every 20 minutes or so. lol My neighbours suspicions that I'm a little :crazy: will finally be confirmed.

Andy

MVP
lol I could try that but if they asked for a pay cheque they will soon figure out that apartments on this side of the street pay squat.
I did that in high school psych. I had mice though and a friend and I used a maze to train them.

Andy

MVP
I could give them little brooms to clean up their mess on my deck. lol

I could do that too. These pigeons are starting to get to high maintenance. :p

Andy

MVP
lol Nothing surprises me anymore. At the beginning of that video it looked like the bird was corked...lol I was going to say "That's a little drastic!"

Banned

Banned
Oh ya...I can barely keep them in stock in my store (ok, just kidding).

But...there really is something for everything these days, isn't there?

I still say make them work. They'll be gone in no time.

Andy

MVP
lol I think I should just yell Boo at them every 20 minutes. I have nothing better to do, it will give my life some purpose. lol

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
When my sons were young, I was living in an apartment and had pigeons. I just bought them water guns and told them it was their job to hang out and squirt the pigeons whenever they tried to alight on the balcony.

Banned

Banned
Or spray them with a water bottle...you'll be multi-tasking - keeping the pigeons away and cleaning your balcony.

Andy

MVP
That's what I need to do then. Hire the pigeons to sweep there mess up and then hire some kids to squirt them (after the pigeons have swept up of course).
Or I could get a BB gun. lol J/K

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.