More threads by Jazzey

Jazzey

Account Closed
So, I went out today specifically to buy pork for a very special recipe...Started cooking. smelled really nice but, wasn't quite cooking the way that it normally would and, I couldn't understand why...

:panic: It's lamb, not pork that I bought. Not at all the same thing. :) For now, I'm going on a whim and seeing if the recipe is still interchangeable.

Morale of the story: Never go grocery shopping before I've had my mandatory three cups of coffee. :rolleyes:

Andy

MVP
lol That is something I would do if I ever attempted to cook! I'm sure you will be able to make something tasty out of it, being a good cook.
Was that the most expensive pork you have ever bought? I'm assuming lamb is more. Funny.:lol:

Mari

MVP
Oh dear, that should be interesting! I buy the strangest things when I go shopping without my glasses. :rolleyes: Mari

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Just put apple sauce on it and pretend it's pork. Kind of like having a tea party with fake tea and cookies. :)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's the same meat. Isn't "lamb" just Greek or Spanish or something for "pork"?

Jazzey

Account Closed
Apple sauce :yuck: :) I am however willing to 'lie' and call it a greek dish for the purposes of tomorrow...5 hours of cooking time...They're going to have to 'suck it up'.

:D

No you are right there but it will be interesting to the taste buds i am sure. I use to cook lamb all the time for my son it was his favorite. I think everyone will be pleased

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
:yuck: Well, that just ruined whatever I could muster with this particular dish...:lol:

Yes, of course muster is always an option, although I don't like Dijon muster or Gray Poupon and I don't think muster goes all that swimmingly with lamb, really. Better than ketchup or HP Sauce but still not the best choice.

Murray

So Jazzey what were you making? I am intrigued. Was it a stew or something? Lamb and pork are both yummy, but not necessarily interchangeable.

By the way, I can't get the thought of lamb and velveeta out of my head now, yuck!

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
By the way, I can't get the thought of lamb and velveeta out of my head now, yuck!

I was going to suggest Greek yogurt, but then the guests wouldn't have anything to talk about on the way home.

Jazzey

Account Closed
So Jazzey what were you making? I am intrigued. Was it a stew or something? Lamb and pork are both yummy, but not necessarily interchangeable.

:lol: I know. Leave it to Daniel to put velveeta on the brain. :yuck:

I was making pork Rillettes. Except, without the key ingredient, apparently. :blush:

It's served as an appetizer with French bread...

Attachments

• pork_rillettes.jpg
    pork_rillettes.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.