More threads by David Baxter PhD

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Is it just me or has the Like button disappeared from posts?
On both Chrome and OperaMini (on my Android phone) I can't seem to see it, since yesterday?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Yes. The add-on that provided the Like feature I thought was creating some problems (the developer went out of business so there haven't been any upgrades in well over a year maybe two) so I uninstalled it. I will look for a replacement when I get time.

GDPR

GDPR
Member Blogs are not working.It says

This page isn’t working

forum.psychlinks.ca is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

or this

Not Found

The requested URL /blogs/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I tried it on a couple of devices and got error messages on both.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Member Blogs are not working.

I didn't think anyone was still using those....

It says

This page isn’t working

forum.psychlinks.ca is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

or this

Not Found

The requested URL /blogs/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I tried it on a couple of devices and got error messages on both.

I don't get any of those errors. I just get a blank page.

What's especially odd is that /blogs/ isn't part of the correct link.

I'll look into this.

GDPR

GDPR
I didn't think anyone was still using those....

I don't think anyone is,I was just bored and went there to read old blogs.

When I click on 'blogs' at the top it goes to Psychlinks Self-Help & Mental Health Support Forum and shows the this page isn't working message.

When I click on 'psychlinks member blogs' in the sub-forum under about Psychlinks it goes to http://forum.psychlinks.ca/blogs/ and gives the not found message

I don't necessarily need the blogs,just pointing out they're not working,just because...they're not.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
You're not being silly at all.

When it comes to computers and even more so with websites and servers, any error, no matter how small, can potentially be an indication of something more serious.

For that reason, at least in these areas, I'm a perfectionist too.

In this case, the easy solution would be to just turn off the member blogs. But then I wouldn't know what was causing the problem.

I was able to determine that a recent upgrade in one of the plugins we use was the cause. I reported that as a bug to the coder and reverted to the previous version of that plugin (the one that controls Thanks and Likes on the forum) and then we could access the blogs again.

But if that plugin was causing an issue with the blogs, it could very well be causing issues somewhere else as well.

So again, thank you. :)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Forum software updated today.

This is a significant update with some fundamental code changes.

There is a possibility that some of the customizations used on this forum may require upgrading or tweaking.

If you notice any functionality that doesn't seem to be working as expected, please post it or them here.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.