More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Frostbite alert issued for Ottawa area :panic:
CBC News
Friday, January 21, 2011

Ottawa Public Health has issued a frostbite alert for Friday and Saturday.

Temperatures are expected to plunge overnight Friday to lows around ?18 C, Sunday night ?21 C and Monday night ?18 C, without factoring in the wind chill.

The alert targets homeless shelters and groups like the Red Cross and Salvation Army that help care for vulnerable people on cold nights.

A frostbite alert is one step above a warning, which would be issued if the wind chill makes it feel as cold as ?35 C.

Jackie

I don't know how you cope with those temperatures. It was bad enough when we had the Big Freeze and temps of -10 and -12. Take good care everyone and try and keep warm.

CarlaMarie

I enjoy mindful meditation at the beach myself. I wish I could be there. Our winters would not even be considered winter to all you up in Ottawa but I am freezing. It is interesting because my children are not. They haven't missed a day outdoors. In fact there are boys out doors in shorts and some in winter coats. Only in Texas. It's 55 c Looks like that will be our week between 50 c and 60c and sunny. I am not complaining. You can make fun of me when my kids are stuck inside during August and September when it is 100+ and even the pool isn't refreshing.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.