• Quote of the Day
    "There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."
    Nelson Mandela, posted by Daniel

Vinton

I will try to make it short but I'm 60 so lots behind...

In 73,I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and it was so hard to cope with that I went into depression but came out without medication. Over the years I saw many therapists, was diagnosed with bipolar and was on lithium for 4 years. The psychiatrist at the MS clinic took me off and put me on 1.5 mgs of clonazepam. After a few years others diagnosed me as chronic depression and then chronic anxiety.

This spring I asked to see a psychiatrist as I had reached bottom and she noticed that I had vocal and motor tics and presumed Tourettes, ADHD, and maybe mood swings related to ADHD which are different than bipolar. Since I had been on Effexor for the past 2 years, she added Epival and its been 8 months and there is no difference so will probably take it off . Last month she tried Ritalin but the tics were too much so she started me on Straterra at 40 mgs and since last week I'm at 80 mgs. I feel much better.I'm not as impulsive in conversations, not as hyperactive except that on 5 days of Ritalin I was able to read 2-3 column article in a newspaper article which I could never do before but apparently it takes 4-6 weeks for straterra to fully kick in.

As for my MS I'm lucky and still can do a good round of golf in a cart.

So here I am and so happy to have found you.

David Baxter

Administrator
Welcome to Psychlinks, Vinton. :)

Have a look at the individual sections on Tourette's Syndrome, ADHD, etc. You'll find lots of valuable information and tips there.

Halo

Welcome to Psychlinks Vinton :welcome2:

I am glad that you are with us and hope to see you around :wave:

ThatLady

:welcome: , Vinton! We're glad you found us, too! I'll look forward to hearing more from you. It sounds like you've got a lot of courage and strength of will!

Top Bottom