More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Grammarly | Instant Grammar Check - Online Proofreading

Currently offers support for Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. Internet Explorer is currently NOT supported.

Grammarly is an automated proofreader and your personal grammar coach. Correct up to 10 times more mistakes than popular word processors.

• Instant proofreading
    Instantly find and correct over 250 types of grammatical mistakes
  • Context-optimized vocabulary suggestions
    Improve word choice with context-optimized vocabulary suggestions
  • Plagiarism detector
    Avoid plagiarism by checking your texts against over 8 billion documents

Grammarly provides another set of eyes to help perfect your writing. Grammarly?s patent-pending grammar checking technology reviews and improves your text, correcting grammar, spelling, word choice and style mistakes with unmatched accuracy. Give Grammarly 60 seconds and see what pesky grammar errors you missed in your text!

Check Over 250 Points of Grammar
Lightning-fast, Grammarly scans your text for proper use of more than 250 advanced grammar rules, spanning everything from subject-verb agreement to article use to modifier placement. Skip out on those clunky grammar handbooks and trying to grammar check your own work ? Grammarly is always at the top of the grammar game and accessible anywhere, ready to make your writing error-free.

Academic, professional and creative writings all require unique styles of editing. Grammarly?s technology adapts to your writing needs, ensuring that no matter what your project may be your grammar is impeccable. Just choose the genre of writing you need edited, and voila!

Retired

The website avoids mentioning the cost, while it offers a seven day free trial.

I copy / pasted some text I recently wrote in a Forum post, into the demonstration utility, and it accused me of plagiarism, claiming "Unoriginal text detected".

It didn't like my writing style, but gave me full marks for spelling and punctuation.

This is too much like having a third grade teacher holding a wooden ruler, hovering over me waiting to rap my knuckles if I make a mistake. Who needs that kind of stress...:eek:mg:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Thanks, Steve.

I assumed it was free from the lack of mention of any charge.

Another drawback is that it conflicted with (actually disabled) another add-on in Firefox which I use several times a day so I've uninstalled it already from Firefox.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.