More threads by Bo

Bo

Yeah, that makes sense Dr. Baxter, they are pretty self-explanatory questions, aren't they?

I gave a patient testimonial today, so I just want to say hi to my new friend in California. Hi!

I went to the psychiatrist today, he's going to get me off of the Celexa, but he's weaning me off very slowly... over the next 8 weeks. There may be some "discontinuation symptoms". What a pretty way to say "withdrawl" effects. Otherwise, things continue to go well. I still have no idea if I have a job or not, my manager doesn't seem to want to call me back, but other than that... it's all good.

attical

Where are you going for rtms treatment? I've had wonderful results, with no negative side effects at all. I understand the CAMH in Toronto is testing rtms for some mental illnesses, but don't know any further details.

Bo

I went to a place here in Toronto, on Finch Ave West. It's a single room in a medical complex/Walk-in clinic. The rTMS clinic is technically owned/operated by www.mindcarecentres.com, but as the treatment is still so unknown, it was cheaper for them to just have a room and clinician in another Dr.'s office.

Originally, I thought I was going to be referred to become part of a clinical trial, like you Attical, but then my employer paid for the private treatment.

denvecsr

I received rTMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation) therapy for depression, GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and low back pain. Not only didn’t the rTMS therapy work for my illnesses it left me with total loss of sense of smell and taste. Thank you NeuroStar.
Did anyone else have this problem with their rTMS?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.