More threads by simon29

simon29

Hi and thanks To anyone who has took the time to read this .
I'm 29 And the last few mounth my partner managed to get it out of me that I was abused when i was 15, all these years i have just put it to the back of my mind just pretend it did'nt happen I know it sound crazy but i still use to talk to to guy who did this ,i just tried to convince myself it did nt happen if that makes sence .now this door in my mind has opend and I'm a total mess my nervs have totaly gone ,i get panic attacks and i can even leave the house now , I just feel confused ,lost ,afraid
simon

Halo

Re: Hello .How and Where do i begin

Hi Simon and welcome to Psychlinks :welcome2:

First of all, I am sorry that that happened to you when you were 15. It doesn't sound crazy at all that you pretended that it didn't happen and put it out of your mind. Many people do that and it is only later in life that they begin to face what happened to them.

Are you seeing a therapist or any other mental health professional? If not, I would strongly suggest that you see your family doctor for a referral to a therapist or contact your local mental health facility. I say this because what you are feeling now with the panic attacks, confused, lost and afraid are only apt to get worse especially as the memories play and over in your head and also if you still see the person that abused you. Now that the memories have been brought back into the forefront of your mind, it is likely that you will not be able to suppress them any longer.

I think that seeing a therapist to help you guide through this process is your best bet.

There are also some good posts here on the forum which may help in the interim:

Managing Flashbacks - Psychlinks

Triggers, flashbacks, tips for survivors - Psychlinks

Grounding Techniques - Psychlinks

Take care

Retired

Re: Hello .How and Where do i begin

Hello Simon,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. This can be your opportunity to relieve yourself of the terrible burden you have been carrying all these years by seeking the help of a mental health therapist.

As Halo suggests, your family doctor can refer you to therapist if you do not already have one.

With the proper therapy and counseling, it is remarkable how you can be liberated from the demons that have dominated your thinking.

Do you have a family doctor or local mental health resources available to you?

my heart goes out to you. i can only echo that finding a therapist is what will help you get through this and heal from this.

welcome to psychlinks.

Welcome Simon. It seems that tha Pandora box was opened inside you. Ugly and scary incects spread around you and you are feeling so scared and lost...But let me remind you that hope is not lost. I agree with others that you may want to visit a therapist. I wish you all the strength you need in this difficult time.

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
Welcome to psychlinks, Simon.

Once those doors are open it can be hard to face what's inside them. Hard, but not impossible! Like the others, I hope that you'll be able to find someone to work through these difficulties you're experiencing one-on-one, but we're certainly here for you too.

Meg

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.