More threads by Bones

Bones

Hello everyone here,
I have been lurking for a little while, and I figured I'd introduce myself before I post anything.
I joined this forum to learn more about psychology, and I think that Internet forums are a great place to learn stuff from about certain topics.
I have just completed a University degree in computer science and am now registered to do a 2nd degree in psychology. I want to do this 2nd degree because I've always found psychology interesting.

just mary

Welcome Bones_xa, it's nice to have you here. People around here are pretty nice, unbelievably supportive and very knowledgeable.

:welcome:

jm

ladylore

Account Closed
Hiya Bones :welcome2:

Glad to have you here and yes we are a friendly bunch. So read away and join in a conversation or two if you would like.

Ladylore

Halo

Welcome to Psychlinks Bones :welcome2:

I am glad that you decided to join us and I hope to see you around :wave:

Bones

Thank you everyone for all the nice welcomes. :)

I do plan to do some posting here when I have time but I am also a quiet person by nature so they may come slow.

Oh also, there is ALOT of stuff here to read. I think I'll just stick with the recently posted stuff for now.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Actually, although I don't have a degree in computer science, I've had the same combination of interests for years - in fact, when I started university, my original intent was to go into computer programming and system analysis. Instead, I switched to psychology and made computers one of my hobbies. :)

ladylore

Account Closed
When I first graduated from high school I was thinking of becoming a computer analyst. The pschology, social service part took over and I never did get the whole degree. :)

Bones

Well I've been reading a lot of topics the last couple days and I'm impressed with all your nice and supportive comments a lot of you have made to people.
They are great comments! :)
I feel reluctant to post things because I don't want to say something wrong or unintentionally offend anyone. :rolleyes:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
As long as you are sensitive to the fact that some of our members are vulnerable to triggers, you shouldn't need to worry overly about posting. Our admins and moderators are here to edit or guide you as well. :)

Hi Bones and welcome! I have lots of anxiety around saying anything that might offend unintentionally only because i`m brutally honest i'm told. It's very hard for me to be otherwise so i hold my peace and bite my tongue more often than not especially since i don't know anyone here real well and i realize they don't know me either. I'm trying very hard to learn the art of being tactful without losing my integrity by saying things people "want" to hear. Difficult gymnastics for me. :bonk:

Blessings,

Jos?e

Retired

Hi there Bones!

Welcome to Psychlinks!

I feel reluctant to post things because I don't want to say something wrong

It sounds like you have been following posts in the Forum for a while, so with your training and using common sense you would have a feel the tone of our discussions.

Just go ahead and enjoy Psychlinks, and we'll provide the safety net:)

josee, interestingly enough i have the opposite problem, i certainly have my own thoughts and opinions on things but sometimes have trouble being direct when situations require it. good luck with the balancing act, because that's definitely what it is! :)

bones, go ahead and post, as tsow said, we moderators are here to help, so no worries :)

Bones

Hi Bones and welcome! I have lots of anxiety around saying anything that might offend unintentionally only because i`m brutally honest i'm told. It's very hard for me to be otherwise so i hold my peace and bite my tongue more often than not especially since i don't know anyone here real well and i realize they don't know me either. I'm trying very hard to learn the art of being tactful without losing my integrity by saying things people "want" to hear. Difficult gymnastics for me. :bonk:

Blessings,

Jos?e

Hey, I can relate, I'm pretty honest about what I say to people too. However, I also am quite accepting of people and I naturally attend to positive things about people and excuse the negative. So conversing with people usually works out, but I will occasionally say something to unintentionally offend.

ThatLady

but I will occasionally say something to unintentionally offend.

That statement could apply to almost anyone, bones. We all say things that inadvertantly hurt someone else from time to time. It isn't intentional, and we feel very badly when it happens; yet, all we can do is apologize and let the person know that we had no intent of harm. In fact, many very good friendships are formed through events just like that.

As long as no harm is meant, you'll be just fine here. If we try to use a bit of sensitivity when posting then, even if we drop the ball on occasion, there are others here who will help and guide us so we may avoid making the mistake again. It's a wonderful learning tool! :)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.