More threads by comfortzone

I live in Twin Falls, Idaho. I graduated with my Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Alliant International Univ. in June 2005. I just finished having my dissertation edited and within the next two weeks I will have my degree posted on my transcript.

Whew!

My emphasis is in Forensics with my expertise in the treatment and research of domestic violence.

I look forward to meeting the members here and become acquainted with you.

I am thankful to have found this site.

I thought I would mention I found this site via a google search. I was looking for a good place to meet good people. I am interested in this site because I looking to be around like-minded people.

My theoretical orientation is Interpersonal Processes of Psychotherapy. I have a wide range of interests. I am currently studying for the EPPP and hope to take it in late December.

I have a medium crested cockatoo named Scooter. She has been with me for the last three years and she is quite the character.

Hi, Welcome to the site! I'm new to the site too... It's nice to meet you!

comfortzone said:
I live in Twin Falls, Idaho. I graduated with my Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Alliant International Univ. in June 2005. I just finished having my dissertation edited and within the next two weeks I will have my degree posted on my transcript.

Whew!

My emphasis is in Forensics with my expertise in the treatment and research of domestic violence.

I look forward to meeting the members here and become acquainted with you.

I am thankful to have found this site.

Thank you EvaneScence. I am planning on taking it easy and read some good books. I plan on taking the day after off too. It is my first real break since the summer of 2003.

hello again

That's great!!! What kind of books do you enjoy reading? I look forward to the Autumn in WI. Have a great weekend!

comfortzone said:
Thank you EvaneScence. I am planning on taking it easy and read some good books. I plan on taking the day after off too. It is my first real break since the summer of 2003.

I enjoy most books...I tend to read more than one at a time...most likely a condition I picked up from grad school. I am reading Lost City by Clive Cussler, Eragon, and the fifth book of the Harry Potter series. It depends upon my mood which one I read or where I am at the time and the location of where I last left the book! LOL!

I am looking forward to the autumn here too. The lows are getting down in the 40s and once in a while dips down to the 30s.

hi

I enjoy m...I love the Harry Potter books and am also on the fifth...I enjoy Dean Koontz novels also...The lows here have been in the low 60's. Is Lost City good?

!ost books too
comfortzone said:
I enjoy most books...I tend to read more than one at a time...most likely a condition I picked up from grad school. I am reading Lost City by Clive Cussler, Eragon, and the fifth book of the Harry Potter series. It depends upon my mood which one I read or where I am at the time and the location of where I last left the book! LOL!

I am looking forward to the autumn here too. The lows are getting down in the 40s and once in a while dips down to the 30s.

I enjoy Dean Koontz novels too. Lost City is great...I love how Cussler hooks you from the beginning and does not let you go until you are finished reading and then you just want to go read another of his books.

Is it humid there? We have low humidity levels and usually the temps are not too hot either.

It is very humid here...i've just had to turn on the air conditioning, as it's going to be 85 with humidity tomorrow.

I feel that way about Dean Koontz books. I read one and can't wait to read his next! He is awesome!!! I just have never read a Cussler book. What would you recommend his best?

comfortzone said:
I enjoy Dean Koontz novels too. Lost City is great...I love how Cussler hooks you from the beginning and does not let you go until you are finished reading and then you just want to go read another of his books.

Is it humid there? We have low humidity levels and usually the temps are not too hot either.

ES,

I lived in the Hill Country of Texas for a year while completing my internship and nearly melted from the humidity. I don't do well in the heat.

Cussler's newer books are his best but all of them have a twist and travel at a break-neck speed. I would try Atlantis Found as it was excellent. I feel the same way about Koontz. I read one of his books late into the night and every bump in the night was more noticeable. LOL!

comfortzone said:
ES,

well thanks...I live near the great lake of Michigan in WI!! It's very humid here....Thanks for the advice on Cussler's new books, but a favorite of mine by Koontz is "Strangers! I look forward to the cool-crispness of Fall!
While living in TX, had you ever visted New Mexico?
I lived in the Hill Country of Texas for a year while completing my internship and nearly melted from the humidity. I don't do well in the heat.

Cussler's newer books are his best but all of them have a twist and travel at a break-neck speed. I would try Atlantis Found as it was excellent. I feel the same way about Koontz. I read one of his books late into the night and every bump in the night was more noticeable. LOL!

I have lived in New Mexico while attending New Mexico Highlands Univ. in the master's program. I love New Mexico especially the northern half. It truly is the Land of Enchantment!

I grew up in Western Kansas. I have also lived in Florida, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, California, New Hampshire besides NM, Idaho and Kansas. Most of my moves are education related.

It has been so nice talking with you!

Yes...it has been so nice talking with you!!! I feel as though we were the only ones watching the website tonight!! RIGHT?? yES.THE lAND OF eNCHANTMENT!! i LOVED IT! i lived THERE 4 YEARS!! hAVE FRIENDS IN rOSWELL! lIVED IN mONTANA, iOWA, nm, sOuTH dAKOTA AND "UNBELIEVEAyT" keflavik, iCELAND! iTS BEEN GREAT TALKING WITH YOU TONIGHT!!! gosh..sorry about my puncuation...my co mputer is working badly tonite....

comfortzone said:
I have lived in New Mexico while attending New Mexico Highlands Univ. in the master's program. I love New Mexico especially the northern half. It truly is the Land of Enchantment!

I grew up in Western Kansas. I have also lived in Florida, Colorado, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, California, New Hampshire besides NM, Idaho and Kansas. Most of my moves are education related.

It has been so nice talking with you!

Iceland! WOW! Sounds like we both have lived quite a few places but you have me beat with Iceland. HEHE! I noticed others here but we've been having a good ol' time. Sorry to hear of the computer problems.

Where in Montana did you live? I have been to the western side of Montana. I love the mountains...a good place to find serenity.

WOW!!! yeh!! iceland!!! I've visited reykavik and lived on keflavik naval air station!!! I lived in Great Falls, Montana...visited Wyoming...Rapid City, SD, etc..I ,love the mountains too! we've been having the best time tonite!! write again tomoorww!!!

comfortzone said:
Iceland! WOW! Sounds like we both have lived quite a few places but you have me beat with Iceland. HEHE! I noticed others here but we've been having a good ol' time. Sorry to hear of the computer problems.

Where in Montana did you live? I have been to the western side of Montana. I love the mountains...a good place to find serenity.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.