More threads by Iwillbwell

I came across this forum when I was searching for an explanation of why I feel the way I do. I have always suffered from depression and anxiety but lately, I've been experiencing feelings I am not used to. For as long as I can remember I have been afraid of groups, people, rejection and abandonment. Lately, I have been fearful of clusters, grouped objects and sometimes typed words. The other day, I kept seeing patterns everywhere that were making me sick/anxious/very scared. I don't know why this is happening. I recently met with a therapist and I am scheduled to have a psych assessment this month. I feel like I cannot wait because these feelings are scary. I really hope this board can help because I have no one to talk to about this.

Retired

Welcome to Psychlinks, Iwillbwell! Glad you found us and hope you find the help and support you need.

What did your therapist say about this? Have you been prescribed medication for the disorders with which you have been diagnosed?

You might ask the Psychiatrist (or the secretary who makes appointments) if there is a cancellation, you would like to see the doctor sooner, if possible.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :thankyou2:

TSOW, I recently went to my doctor who referred me to the outpatient psychiatry clinic at a hospital. My first meeting was with a nurse who did an initial assessment. I am seeing a psychiatrist at the hospital this month. I have never been on any medication because I was always against it until now. I will call for an earlier appointment tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.