More threads by Janeanne

Janeanne

Hi everyone!

My name is Janeanne. I have a BA in Clinical and Social Psych and I have also completed about a semester of graduate work. I will be returning to graduate school this summer concentrating in counselling. This site is a gem. Again thank you David. I look forward to visiting this site.

momof5

Hi Janeann!
Welcome! Look forward to seeing you around here! And you are right, David has a wonderful thing going here.

Janeanne

Thank you for the welcome momof5

Momof5 thank you for the warm welcome!

In reference to your own introduction...I cannot say it better than David did...but I admire you extraordinary courage, strength and ultimate acheivement. I also agree with David that you would probably enjoy reading Victor Frankel...you embody his theory with your life story and determination. I found an interview of Frankel from 1995 that you might enjoy so I'll look up the URL again and send it to you if you would like. It's ten pages long and is freeware only if transmitted in it's entirety so I didn't want to post it.

You certainly must be quite intelligent to be able to teach yourself web design. Honestly I was not sure if I would know what to do to navigate this site....well I managed to register and post at least. But web design is completely beyond me.

Look forward to your posts!

momof5

Janeanne
Thank you for your kind words.

I would greatly appreciate the URL that you are mentioning. I would love to read this interview that you are refering to.

Intelligent? lol, not to sure about that, but determination is definatly there. Though, lol I do still have days that are difficult to get going on. You would be surprised at how quickly you could learn web realted things. Up until a little over 3 years ago, I didn't even know how to turn on a computer. When we first got ours, I drove my kids crazy. Now, lol, they come to me for help! My husband though, lol, he is still trying to figure out email! The kids and I take turns when he is on the pc with who has to come into the computer room and see what it is that he needs help with. Its funny, and we tease him in fun over it. We call it Dads on the pc shifts.

I do love learning how to do the design though. It takes care of that eternal creative me.

I'm really happy that you did figure out how to register! And it is great to have you on board!

Janeanne

momof5. David posted the URL kindly on my behalf last night before I had time to do it. It's on the site about Victor Frankel...Now don't laugh too loudly but when I replied to David on Frankel site I was not sure how to put things in quotes...(as I said there, not for lack of trying...I just haven't figured it out) so I just copied and pasted...if you or David could give me some clear tips...I'll try it again.

See you're not only intelligent but you're a quick learner....you've done all of this in a few years....that is truly amazing! Now maybe I'll figure out this quote thing in less than 3 years. It's a good thing that I'm able to laugh at myself!

I like the "Dad's on the pc shifts"....

I hope you enjoy the interview with Victor Frankel.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
momof5: the thread Janeanne mentioned on Viktor Frankl is here.

Janeanne:

You can quote in several ways:

(1) In the "Post a Message" or "Post a Reply" window, enter the quote, highlight the passage with your mouse, and click on the "Quote" button just below the "Subject" box.
(2) click on the "Quote" button, type the passage, and click on the "Quote" button again.

These first two also apply to Bold [ b ], Italics [ i ], and other tags.

(3) to reply to another post while quoting all or part of what the opriginal poster said, click on the "Quote" button at the top right corner of the post to which you're replying

...or, to go back to basics, type the following:
Code:
[quote]passage to be quoted[/quote]

For more information, click on the FAQ button at the top of any page.

Janeanne

David thanks for the instructions. Clearly I'm not all that adept at this. This is the first time I have participated in a forum ....and I have not been to chat rooms...much to my sons' amazement - I must admit I am completely lacking in online knowledge and etiquette. I finished reading Frankel's bio tonight...I am absolutely astounded how much information you found so quickly on the topic. I plan to post a quick note. Initially when trying to quote I did click on quote...then I highlighted the quote...and then clicked on quote...it just typed the words in the space...I'll keep trying. Does HTML need to be enabled?...at the moment it's not enabled.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Janeanne said:
David thanks for the instructions. Clearly I'm not all that adept at this. This is the first time I have participated in a forum ....and I have not been to chat rooms...much to my sons' amazement - I must admit I am completely lacking in online knowledge and etiquette.
When Tauri gets back in here, you and she can tutor each other ;o) And I must say, if this is the first forum for you, we are truly honored...

I finished reading Frankel's bio tonight...I am absolutely astounded how much information you found so quickly on the topic.
Some of it is knowing what search terms to enter and how to modify the terms to narrow down the field... but most of it is a testament to the power of Google.com! I rarely ever need to use another search engine these days...

Initially when trying to quote I did click on quote...then I highlighted the quote...and then clicked on quote...it just typed the words in the space...I'll keep trying.
Wrong sequence: first highlight, then click on quote, and it will work...

Does HTML need to be enabled?...at the moment it's not enabled.
No... you can leave it disabled... but BBCode has to be enabled (it is by default).

momof5

I read some of the information last night. This is really interesting. I would like to order the book. I think it would be one that my daughter would also like to read.

{She was going to college for teaching, with a minor in psychology. She has switched to psychology, for now that is. I just hope that she stays with this even after getting married. (her thoughts right now are that a college degree is only a piece of paper. scream!)}

What I really found intersting is the things that really stuck out in my mind are the ones that David quoted in here within his post. I would say that great minds think alike, however, I know that Davids experience and knowledge far out weigh mine! lol.

Janeanne, I have a search engine that I use frequently in addition to using the online google search. Its called copernic agent. It is a freeware program that you can download and install on your machine. I love it because it saves my searches and you can create folders for different areas of things that you search on. Like for me, I have different web design area folders and save my searches in there. Graphic programs searches for tutorials etc.. If you are interested in the link, let me know and I'll post it for you. One other good thing about this program is that while I am reading an article such as the one that David posted, I can highlight things and righ click and choose search with copernic and I can get a search on the words that interest me.

Janeanne

momof5. Thanks for the information on copernic. With my limited expertise I think at this point I better stick with google. I hope to continue to participate in this forum...so as my ability improves then I maybe I will venture out into new territory.

momof5

Janeanne said:
momof5. Thanks for the information on copernic. With my limited expertise I think at this point I better stick with google. I hope to continue to participate in this forum...so as my ability improves then I maybe I will venture out into new territory.
No problem, but I think you will be doing great in no time at all. ;>)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.