More threads by charlene

charlene

It's really amazing how much my mind has cleared. I feel like the slate has been cleaned off, and, to use a metaphor, like a clean install of an operating system on a pc. As a result, I feel like I am having an identity crisis, which I never did have as a teenager. The difference being, I have all these "adult" tools to deal with it. So, it should be easier to establish who "I" am. I think.

My Top Seven differences between me on Seroquel.... and not.
  1. Seroquel-Sleep 6-8hr. No seroquel-2-3hr
  2. Increased Ti, lower Fe/ especially Fi (MBTI stuff).
  3. Less obsessiveness/perfectionism. Leads to more peaceful relationships.
  4. Less anxiety.
  5. No guilt or feelings of worthlessness.
  6. Less overreaction.
  7. No hypomania/mixed episode. These are hard to deal with and difficult to extricate oneself.
Still trying to trace back when the bipolar 2 kicked in. I suspect around the age of 13, then I was "normal" until I "broke" again at age 17, then again at 20. After this point it was depressed/hypomanic all the time except for very short breaks of less than 2 weeks. When I was a teenager, the medical profession still thought that depression didn't occur in children or teens. They were very wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banned

Banned
Hi Charlene,

I'm glad to hear you're having success with the Seroquel. Having the right medication is truly a significant part of the equation.

charlene

I like your analogy. :)

How do you feel you are having an identity crisis? How does this manifest itself in your case?

Without all the destructive, intrusive depression, "missions" when I am hypomanic, my mind is, well, empty. This is different. I feel like parts of what I thought was my identity are gone, but in a good sense. I feel like I am rebuilding my identity, and with that, relationships with people, and worklife. It is a new thing to concentrate on just one thing at a time.

Last edited:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I think I understand... sort of learning who you are as yourself, rather than who you were while being tossed about by mood swings and other symptoms.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.