More threads by David Baxter PhD

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

• 1 to change the light bulb then post about it
  • 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could?ve been changed differently
  • 1 to move it to the Lighting folder
  • 2 to argue and then move it to the Electrical folder
  • 7 to point out grammar/spelling errors in post about changing light bulbs
  • 5 to flame the spell checkers
  • 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
  • 6 to argue whether it?s a light bulb or lightbulb
  • 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper tern is Lamp
  • 15 know it all who claim they were in the industry, and that ?light bulb is perfectly correct
  • 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take the discussion to the lightbulb forum
  • 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
  • 36 to discuss the dangers of changing light bulbs without a professional opinion
  • 5 to post a disclaimer that they are not light bulb experts, nor do they play one on TV and that anyone planning on changing their own light bulb should consult a professional
  • 7 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs
  • 4 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then to post the correct URLs
  • 3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
  • 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add, ?Me too.?
  • 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
  • 4 to say, ?Didn?t we go through this already a short time ago??
  • 13 to say, ?Do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs.?
  • 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?

Border Collie: Just one. Then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

Rottweiler: Make me!

Lab: Oh, me, me! Pleeease let me change the light bulb! Can I? Huh? Huh?

Dachshund: You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!

Malamute: Let the Border Collie do it. You can feed me while he's busy.

Jack Russell Terrier: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls.

Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?

Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.

Mastiff: Screw it yourself! I'm not afraid of the dark...

Doberman: While it's out, I'll just take a nap on the couch.

Boxer: Who needs light? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.

Pointer: I see it, there it is, there it is, right there!

Chihuahua: Yo quiero Taco Bulb?

Australian Shepherd: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle...

Old English Sheep dog: Light bulb? That thing I just ate was a light bulb?

Basset Hound: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Westie: Dogs do not change light bulbs -- people change light bulbs. I am not one of THEM so the question is, how long before I can expect my light again?

Poodle: I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned-out bulb?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I love those! Especially the Golden Retriever. :D

Have you seen the TV commercial with the poodle and Maria Whatsername-ova, the tennis star? I love the part where the dog says, "No, I will not roll over. You don't own me. Oh wait! You do!"

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.