More threads by Ashley-Kate

hey well i am doing great actually to say the truth i have stopped purging in the last week or so since i hurt my knee, and i am eating pretty good because i am living at my brothers place because the dorms elevator is broken and i can't' climb the stairs very easily, but the thing is i feel very depressed because i am basically sitting down all the time i go out for little walks but that is basically all i am doing.. it's hard on me emotionally to not feel guilty for eating so much yet exercising so little.. i don't know how to just feel a bit better

ladylore

Account Closed
All I can say to you is that your doing great. It takes a while for your brain to catch up to all the healthy changes you have made in your life Ashley-Kate. But the more you stick with it the more your brain will choose the newer, healthier tracks to follow and it won't be so hard.

It is a process and it does take time. Your doing great. Keep up the great work. :)

i think ladylore is right, you just need time to adjust to this healthier way of living. it is quite difficult to change patterns and a change like that is going to evoke anxiety or even depressive feelings like you are saying you are having, even though what you are doing for yourself is a good thing.

try to hang in there with this. try to look at the bigger picture. it may not feel good right now but look at it for 6 months down the road, or a year down the road how this change will be such a good thing for your health, a good thing for you. you're making the necessary change to heal. hang in there, i know it's not easy.

can you try to do something fun or relaxing at all? or something to distract you from these thoughts?

Hi Ashley-Kate i am glad your staying with your brother and your eating better Good for you for staying well and know that your hard work will pay off it just takes time best wishes Mary

I can totally relate to what you are saying. I am OCD, but to overcome this I had to cut way back on my cleaning even though I felt I was a slob. It became easier with time to not obsess about cleaning. Anorexia and OCD are all about not losing control. I have every confidence that what you are doing is working!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.