More threads by lallieth

lallieth

Jim Carrey's vegetable cure

Jim Carrey says eating vegetables helped him beat depression, after anti-depressant Prozac failed to help him.

Jim Carrey beat depression by eating vegetables.

The Hollywood star - who is set to detail his mental health problems in a new self-help book - claims sticking to a healthy diet has transformed his life.

He said: "I tried dealing with depression by taking Prozac. It was good for a little bit but it didn't heal me. I don't believe that can ever be the cure.

"My diet has made a huge difference. People have no idea how important food really is, what you put in your mouth has something to do with your emotional life. I believe the best fuel for humans is vegetables and protein."

The 'Horton Hears a Who!' star - who struggled to cope following failed marriages to waitress Melissa Womer and actress Lauren Holly - now stays positive by having a new outlook on life.

Carrey, who has been dating actress Jenny McCarthy since 2006, said: "Everybody has a certain amount of darkness in life and I am not free of pain either. Today, though, I have a different perspective on it than I used to have. I have grown a lot spiritually and as a person over the last couple of years."

Last edited:

braveheart

Re: Jim Carrey's Says Vegtables Helped Cure Depression

It's true that diet can help keep you healty, but I would still recommend medication, in combination with psychotherapy - and a healthy diet and lifestyle. Particularly for severe and long term depression.

i agree with braveheart. food is definitely important, you need to eat right, but just a diet change alone cannot do the trick. if only it were that simple.

lallieth

If it were as simple as eating alot of vegtables,then my carrots would have been a cure a long time ago..I would have to say though,that I have never seen a depressed rabbit :)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: Jim Carrey Says Vegetables Helped Cure Depression

Jim Carrey has since said that this was said in humour, that he was parodying the whole Tom Cruise thing.

And there is no book planned - that too was a joke.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.