More threads by Thelostchild

So I confesed to my psychologist by emailing him that I was taking diet pills and eating less. And I feel like a complete idiot. I want to the gym to work out. would ya know my psychologist came in to work out. It was anwful work out. Besides have to face him with that situation and working out for an hour made me so sick I threw up and I was extreamly dizzy.

Diana

Oh, man I can understand your embarassment. But, try not to worry about it anymore. He's your phychologist, and I'm sure he understands how uncomfortable you must have felt. Now, the real issue to deal with is the eating less and taking the diet pills. It's good that you emailed him about that. I don't know you, but it sounds as though you may be a little over occupied with exercise and dieting. What do you think? It's good to deal with these issues now, so that it doesn't become worse. You don't want to develop an eating disorder or something like that. I'm not saying that you ever will, but it sounds like your thoughts and feelings about your body are taking a toll on you.
Don't focus on the embarassing situation - just be proud of yourself that you took the step to confess to your phychologist.

Peanut

WOW :shocked: I cannot BELIEVE that! That is really quite a coincidence! I guess timing is everything, aye? ;) I can imagine how awkward that workout must have been!... :eek:

Did you stay on opposite sides of the gym or were you in close proximity to each other?

Halo

The first thing that I thought when I read your post was how great it is that you had the courage to email your psychologist. I want to congratulate you for taking that huge step and admitting it to him.

As for the workout and him being at the gym, I still live in a little bit of a fantasy world where I think that doctors, psychologists, teachers etc. don't really have a real life outside of their profession. I don't know if that makes sense but it is like I can't picture them having families, problems, doing regular people things. I can only see them in their profession.

Weird EH!

Nancy

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I still live in a little bit of a fantasy world where I think that doctors, psychologists, teachers etc. don't really have a real life outside of their profession. I don't know if that makes sense but it is like I can't picture them having families, problems, doing regular people things.

This is partly correct. We don't have a real life because that is forbidden by law. But we are allowed to have families and problems - we are actually encouraged to have families WITH problems. Doing regular people things is frowned upon officially but tolerated unofficially.

:eek: :D :eek:

Halo

Dr. B.

I am not sure whether you were kidding with your reply but I don't want you to take what I said the wrong way. I didn't mean anything bad by it just that I sometimes think that my therapists are not real people who I may meet someday on the street.

Nancy

Halo

Thank you....I thought that you were kidding but when I didn't see any smileys that you are as famous for... I started to doubt myself and reread and reread what I wrote.

Nancy

Halo

Remember I live in a fantasy world where doctors and therapists are not suppose to forget or make mistakes.....my own little unrealistic world that is. ;) But this time I will let it slide, just for you ;)

Nancy

The gym that I go to isn't really that big. And so its impossible to stay on one side of the gym. I try not to look at everyone including my therapist cause they make the funniest faces. It makes me want to laugh. Yeah my work outs are normally like that awkward. Your right it is weird seeing your therapist out side of his proffesion. Especially when you tell them your deepest secrets, thoughts, and such.

So now that Im back In my therapy boot. My therapist told me that I need to tell my doctor everything that I have been doing as far as not eating and taking diet pills. He told me thats probably the whole reason my leg isn't healing. Witch I agree with him on everything.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.