More threads by forgetmenot

Applied for a new position yesterday i doubt iwill get it but i thought well what the heck
over 26 years in the position i am in nowi think maybe it is time for a change
lol i don't even have a resume made up but i just wanted to see if they would even consider me they will probably want a young worker but thats okay. I just thinking maybe a change will help me thts all
Lol what will i do if they do call i don't think i could handle going for an interview even but it was fun just filling out the application thinking change may just be what i need
Stupid or not i don't know but i would hope all my experiance would count for something even though it is not in the same field

Murray

Re: did something crazy

I think that is so exciting for you Violet. Sometimes a change can be just what you need, even just thinking about trying something new can be fun sometimes. Good Luck

now i have to make a resume i haven't done that for a long time Maybe my personality will win them over lol Maybe the young ones on the floor will help me write up a resume they have recent experiance doing that i wouldn't know where to start. i thought i could just put in a transfer and leave it at that rats more work but it will be worth it if i even get an interview

Andy

MVP
That's awesome Violet. I'm sure someone would be willing to help you out. Also there are tonnes of sites on line that tell you different ways of writing one up. Maybe you could get a letter of recommendation from your current employer. I'm sure your personality would win them over too. ;)
I hate the resume thing. I have great experience and recommendations but mine is full of holes.
I think it's great that your trying something new. ;)

Banned

Banned
There are lots of resume websites where you literally fill in the blanks with your own information. There are also professional services that will either help you write it or write it for you. Depending on how badly you want a new position, it might be worth it to look into one of these services.

Alot of people feel it is good practice to always have a current resume handy. Once you build it the first time it's pretty easy to keep it up.

Good luck!

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.