More threads by dont be crazy

yesterday i was at my mothers house and ate some what i though was sliced cooked ham. this was at 3 pm yesterday by 5 or 5:30 i was getting stomach pains and dirrhia so i took a closer look at the package. it turns out it was canadian smoked back bacon with cooking instructions.
so anyways there was a phone number on the package but it was to late they were closed. but i figured it said smoked so i thought it might still be all right .so the rest of the night i had a bit of stomach upset but not that bad.
so i phone the number in the morning and talked to someone there gave them the bar code and it turns out it was a raw product.
so me with my worrying mind start to panic i had thoughts of all the possiablites racing through my mind deadly bacteria paristies ect ect. i had to take a valium.
even went to the doctor they took some blood and said to just wait and see what happens over the next 24 to 48 hours so here i sit i am having a bit of a stomach ach trying to not let my imagnation get the best of me what a stupid thing to do always look at the package first:mad::mad:

:support: Don't panic , you did the most sensible thing by seeing your doctor ,
I am sure the food health security laws are good in Canada , little likely hood that you will get any parasites , the blood test will soon tell you if you have any thing out of sorts , drink warm water to avoid dehydration and eat "cooked rice and carrots " for your irritated digestive system .:support:

thanks WP. i dont know if you are aware but here in canada we just got over a listeria problem with a meat producer.
i think 12 people died. its pretty scarry

No I didn't know that !! even more sensible of you to have gone to the doctor ... We have had in the past listeria problems , it is the very young and elderly who are most at risk .

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I am sure you will be fine too. It is scary when things like that happen. I can't imagine how your stomach ached.

I am glad you saw a doctor. With the blood work they will be able to fix it if there is any problem, I am sure.

If you start to feel worse, don't hesitate to go back to the doctor.

I remember once I got the Norwalk Virus from Gyros at a Greek Restaurant. I ate it on a Sunday and by Monday I was so ill. I remember I didn't finish it cause I took a bite and my second bite was actually cold. I was sick beyond anything I had ever experienced before. Dirarreah, sweats, fever and even projectile vomiting! It was brutal.

I called TeleHealth Ontario and they helped me out. I did go see my doctor after a few days cause I started getting pains shooting through my head and down my neck.

Usually if the person isn't already compromised with another disease or illness the body will recover fine.

I do understand though, how it can be very scary.

Hope you feel better soon. :support:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.