More threads by Atomics

Atomics

i gave in and self injured was feeling bad from a flashback couldnt cope so i self injure

i tryed to keep busy nothing i did helped

i know i should have held on but it was to much to cope with i think it has stopped me from doing something a lot worse

a path i don't want to go down

Re: gave in

HI atomics,
I am sorry that you are in distress , I have copied and pasted a response to you by Ladylore which gives such good advice , maybe you could look into those options when you next feel the need to self harm , please try some of those possibilities suggested by Ladylore .

best wishes white page

Atomica - if your feeling suicidal and/in distress try befrienders.org They have a crisis line you can call. So check out the link please.

Your other option is to go to emergency and/or to your doctor. That way you may be able to see someone to get help.

I do have to say - your husband telling you it ok to SI if you have to is not ok. What are some of the ways you can take care of yourself. What are your outside supports like? Are friends around. There are other ways to get through tough times then hurting yourself.

Take care of yourself

LL

Atomics

I have called a help line before they tell me to keep busy witch i do plus i dont like talking to people over the phone
i talk with my husband i have a friend who i cant call because she has her own self injury to deal with

it was self injury or something worse that is the bottom line

i get to the point when i get that distressed the only way to calm me down is self injure

This flashback was something i witnessed a few years ago that my alters ( i have DID ) remembered but i didnt
i had the flashback of that tonight i was so upset i was screaming in tears
my husband trying everything to calm me down

I'm a self injurer too. When I give in to it I just have to tell myself it was a slip up and not the end of the world. I tell myself to keep on trying not to do it. To hang in there and keep going the best I can.

Atomic I wish there was a way I could help you deal with your pain.

Are you able to talk to any of your protectors? Maybe one of them can come out and somehow try to reassure you you are not alone that they will try to comfort you the best they can and to reassure you somehow that what ever you witness in the past was horrible and you had no control over what happen. That you have a loving husband wanting to help you through it also.

I hope you soon find some comfort from your flashbacks

Sue

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.