More threads by Fiver

Fiver

Please don't expect this to make sense right now. This post will be as disjointed as my thoughts.

Yesterday I made the agreement to give my well-researched {edit: tool} to my therapist. The {Edit:tool} is more than the element of death that I keep as my last option, the final choice which is mine alone. I can make more {edit: of these tools}. They're easy once you get the hang of it, and with some mathematical figures I've discovered the most probably way of {edit: for graphic description}. I have conducted tests. I've revised my plans. Always with the same {Edit:tool}.

My grandmother, the only person who ever loved me unconditonally, killed herself in this manner when I was five. She was my best friend. My family never discussed it again. She suffered, though. I do not believe she had the resources to make it painless as I have studied. But my grandmother knew things that I understand now.

I knew I had to get the {edit for graphic detail: the tool}. I called my therapist (PtWt) this weekend because it wasn't as easy as just putting it in the garage. And don't even think of throwing it away. This is my only logical and reasonable decision I have left. I will not destroy it. But it needed to be in the hands of someone I trust. Pat suggested I lock it up until I saw her again. It was hard, but I locked it in my locker at work (I'm on a leave of absence.) Still too close. I needed to give it to Pat to hold it without destroying it. I envision a time when I can cut {edit: it}with her support, but for now I need to know my final option is still intact.

What she did was take it willingly. She did say, however, that she was not comfortable with a professional {Edit: tool} in her drawer, and asked me if I'd be willing to untie it. With a lump in my throat, I agreed. My hands were shaking, because I was dismantling the one choice left over which I still had control. She knelt before me and said, "No, let's do it together." I don't know why, but that made a difference.

She still has {Edit: it} in her drawer. I know it is there and it is driving me crazy, for while I can buy {Edit: another one} this one has a particular meaning. And I do not have access ot it. It has to be this {edit: particular tool}. It's good that she has it.

She also made an emergency call to the pdoc on his day off and put my on an Abilify pronto. We're back to the psychotic aspects. I've fallen backward. I've failed. I'm lost and I don't know how to crawl back now. I just don't want to be locked up again. I want my old life back.

God, I'm not me right now. I can't stop pacing knowing my one final choice is locked in a drawer twenty miles away. I'm not me, guys. I'm messed up.

Please forgive me. Forgive my weaknesses. Forgive me for the pain I've caused. Or don't, because screw it, at what point does it matter? I told you, I'm not thinking right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazzey

Account Closed
Re: I handed over my last resort.

There's nothing to forgive Fiver. A lot of us have (or are currently) struggling with the same impulses. It doesn't make you weak.

You and I share a common recent history - I understand the impulse. I just hope that in those dark moments, you too can at least take a few steps back and recognize that it's just that - dark thoughts that sometime over power us "temporarily".

Tonight, i don't know what advice to give you on getting those thoughts out of your mind. I'm there myself currently. Can we just make a pact to focus on one day at a time? Maybe we don't have to find the solutions tonight?

And I'm proud / happy to hear that you were responsible in all of this - that your tool is safely locked away from you. You and I both know that none of this is 'normal' thinking. It doesn't make it any less real for the time being, but, those moments of clarity are still pretty darn 'grateful moments' (for lack of a better descriptive)...

Fiver

Yeah, I can make that pact with you tonight. I'll meet you here sometime in the morning, eh?

Jazzey

Account Closed

Always here Fiver...I'll be here in the morning too. ;) And thank you for having the courage to share with us tonight. :) :hug::hug:

Fiver

You know of my ambivalence. Thanks back atcha. And I'm going to bed with the hope the meds will allow me to sleep. Fat chance but hey, who knows?

Jazzey

Account Closed

:) Have a good sleep Fiver. Here's hoping that the meds help you have a full night's sleep.

take good care of yourself! :) :hug::friends: :heart:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

, the final choice which is mine alone.

OTOH, one could be so paralyzed from such a suicide attempt, that one may have some choices left, though swimming at the beach would not be one of them. Mental disorders are highly treatable, unlike quadriplegia. My psychiatrist used to use this fact as a scare tactic, and, obviously, I am still here :)

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

Hi Fiver. I am sorry you are struggling right now.

I am not sure if this is helpful, but when I get to feeling how you are, I often think of other people and how my actions would effect them. Weather it be family or even a stranger who may accidently find me this way. It is trama to these others. I always fear that my actions putting trama on someone else, could result in these people suffering mental illness like I do. Not sure if that makes sense.

I would never want anyone to have PTSD over me harming myself. This is what keeps me going.

Stay strong Fiver and we will all be here for you tomorrow :support:

Yuray

You haven't handed over your last resort. The solution to all your problems is not "locked in a drawer 20 miles away". That is part of the fantasy / pain / cry.

You are here disccussing it. You don't want to die, you want to be heard, and understood. Killing ones self is not a cowardly capitulation to grief, it is a rational plan given the pain you feel, and the distortions accompanying the pain. But it is a big mistake. If you are found dead, others will feel helpless, and blame themselves. Is this what you want? To make others suffer? Guilt is not really the best reason to stay alive, but it does have its merits. Pat doesn't need the guilt, especially now that you have involved her.

Because you are talking rationally now, the crisis has passed, but the thoughts haven't. Let your thoughts continue to the events sure to take place after your death. They can be of no comfort. Please stick around Fiver. I don't know you, but your absence would make a marked difference to people you don't even know.

---------- Post added June 24th, 2009 at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was June 23rd, 2009 at 11:48 PM ----------

Fiver, on the off chance that you have taken your name 'Fiver' from the central character in Watership Down, you should know the relevance and deep associations of life and death, and the beauty of a life well lived despite oppression. If you haven't read it, then read it. A lesson in living for all.

Fiver

Thank you everyone. The choice to allow someone into such an intimate part of my "choice" was a big step, a major one, and hopefully the ramifications will show themselves in the weeks to come. I'm not thinking about it today if possible. I'm just going back to bed, not thinking about it, and maybe drag myself off to the batting cages if I can get the energy. It's an effort to remember to breathe right now, though. I think going back to bed isn't such a bad thing. At least sleep keeps me out of trouble.

Thanks again for your kind and wise words.

Trust

Good morning Fiver!:)

I am in a huge hurry to get out the door this minute but I will definitely be back later today and will write to you again!!

I see that your mood last night and again this morning is "defeated" and I think you should consider changing it to "triumphant' - don't have time to check if that one is available on the list - but if not it should be and it should be especially for you this morning!! You are still here and still reaching out and I and others here I'm sure feel blessed for having the chance to connect with you and reassure you that things will get better!! And you will live to tell the tale and help others as well!!:2thumbs:

I have you on my mind and in my heart this morning!!:) You are not alone!!!!:friends::hug:

And you too Jazzey!! I hope the quitting smoking is going well!! I'll touch base later in your own thread!!

Have a great day Fiver and Jazzey and everyone here!!:):)

Trust

http://forum.psychlinks.ca/depressi...person-underneath-the-illness.html#post136035

Hey Fiver - I don't know if you had a chance to read this article, but if you haven't yet, please do because it may somehow help how you are feeling. I so hope it will!

I just hope you know that despair is not a place you have to remain - you can move upward and onward from there - I know in my heart that you can and will do it!

Thinking of you today and keeping you close at heart, Fiver!:):):):):) (Five smileys just for you Fiver!)

Trust

:support::hug::cat3:Good morning Fiver! I'm thinking of you today! Let us know how you're doing today when you get a chance. Many many people care about how your are feeling and want to listen and help!!

You are not alone!:friends::support::hug::grouphug4::cat3:

Trust

Good morning, Fiver! TGIF!

How are you doing?

I'm thinking about you right now and hoping to hear you are feeling strong and well and looking forward to the weekend! I'm hoping that your silence is a good thing and that it means you are just paying attention to yourself and your own life!:) Isn't it great when we have time for that?:2thumbs:

Have a great day, Fiver! You are in my thoughts and my heart!:hug::support::friends:

Trust

Hey Fiver!:D

It's Sunday morning (almost noon) and I am getting ready to go out but just wanted to say hi and I hope you're having a great day!:D:hug::hug::hug:

Hi Fiver
Thinking of you and hoping you are holding on okay.
When you are up to it, drop in and let us know how you are doing
Missing you and hoser.

:hug:

Fiver

Thanks...please don't take my absence as a lack of appreciation for the care and concern you've shown. I've dug myself into a state of isolation that is hard to escape. I think I might be looking at a voluntary admission in the next few days if I can't pull it together; I can barely think coherently right now. And yes, my therapist is absolutely aware and ready to toss my silly butt into the hospital if it's necessary and I don't do it myself. At least I can still recognize when I've hit my red zone. I also know when it's time to give the reins to someone who is rational. It's probably that time soon.

Thanks again. I'll make it -- I just need to let someone else take charge right now, at least until my thoughts become rational.

Hi Fiver,
glad to see you,:)
Being able to recognise when you have hit the red zone is a major plus for you, so many people do not recognise the signs and do not reach out for help as you are doing. If you think it is time to let the reigns go to those who can help you then do, I can remember when I gave my therapist the ok to admit me, it was a scary time for me but the sense of relief afterward was good. I did not have to worry about me being worried about me, if you can understand that. I could be "where I was at" which at the time was not a nice place to be at all. But I knew I was in a safe environment.

Do whatever you need to do to keep yourself safe Fiver and don't worry about anyone else, other people or the forum, your priority now is yourself and I hope you will start to feel better soon.

:hug: :hug:

Trust

Good morning, Fiver!!:D

It is so nice to hear from you but I agree - you only have to pay attention to yourself right now!!

I'm glad to hear that you are making such responsible decisions about trusting your therapist to help you until you can feel safe to make the best decisions for yourself!! That takes a LOT of trust and courage, not to mention self-awareness!! :2thumbs:

I'm off to work now, but I am thinking about you too and wishing you the best, Fiver!:support::hug:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.