More threads by Lonewolf

Harebells

Sorry Lonewolf, I wasn't sure how far off the therapy was. Sometimes I just want to answer someone and make a connection with them but find it hard to know what to say or how to say it, especially when you're just typing and not there in person and able to pick up on other cues. I know when I'm in distress I need help right then and not in some fairytale future. I'm so sorry it's so hard for you now. People do care if you live or die, the world is better with you in it. I'm really glad to have met you x

Lonewolf

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be off with anyone! Life just so hard and I feel so alone with it all!! The last thing I want to do is upset some of the best support I have!!!
Thankyou for putting up with my moodiness!! Take care!

Mari

MVP
Moodiness is fine - something I am pretty good at :panic:we spent over an hour talking about anger and I am still very confused so we are going to continue the discussion next week and hopefully she will have a handout or something for me to read about it. These are some of things we covered...

How members of my family deal with anger
How I deal with anger
What are the underlying issues?
My homework is to think about and write about my anger
Also to be mindfully aware of how I feel and to breathe through my anger

Hope that is a little bit helpful.

sunflower

Hi. i am new here and just sort of getting used to these forums. I just found what you wrote. Of course you are angry. How could you be anything but angry when you reach out for help irl and keep getting turned away. I sometimes feel anger when I am in pain and do not have power over the situation.

Healing is a process. Working on recovery is a process. And they seem to be telling you that you should have the skills you need. But the road to recovery/healing is a long one. Heck, it makes me angry to read that people say these things to folks like yourself who just want help. People who just want to keep working on things. And mostly people who need support irl.

I hope that something will turn up irl or even a telephone peer to peer community online. For what its worth, you do not sound schizophrenic to me at all. Not even close. But I can understand the concern. Just as so many who have siblings and parents have this concern.

I wish for you at the very least that there was a very strong support community for siblings who grew up with a brother, sister or parent who lived with schizophrenia. I wish for us all that there was more support out there for mental illness. There is way too often a lack of support and assistance out there in the world. And it is.... shameful for society to turn their back. And ot it, well, anger provoking. :flowers:

Harebells

no please don't be sorry lonewolf! I'm actually really glad that you said something if it was frustrating for you to have people talking about the therapy. You haven't upset anyone. And I agree with the others that moodiness and anger are fine - are totally understandable in the circumstances!!! It's completely ridiculous that you're not able to get help.i hope today is better xx

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.