More threads by Madoka

Madoka

I am very self conscious about the side of my face. It's been that way since the start of high school. I remember guys side commenting on it, especially one guy. He started out liking me at first and then when I walked past him so that he could see my side view, he downright expressed disgust.

I am 20 years old now and that low self image hasn't changed. In class one of my peers was flirting with me across the room. I was real shy and pretended not to notice. Later on, when he walked past me and saw my side view he started acting real pissed and cursed at me. I know it was at me because he started making fun of other stuff about me.

I guess my side view must be very repulsive and embarrassing to males, to the point that they will curse out a girl. Is anger their way out of their embarrassment for "liking" me? Or is my perception about how people are in general scewed?

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Madoka did you ever see a therapist about your low self image problems? And I am not sure why you are so focused on your profile. Is it due to that fellow's comments about you when you were in high school? If that is the case maybe you are misreading other people's intent two years later. Most genuine people are not going to judge another person on their profile or really their looks in general.

Madoka

It is not just that fellow's comments. It was also from a few others in high school.

I've started seeing a therapist for assertiveness actually. I've only mentioned this a little and she thinks I have social anxiety.

rdw

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
A few is not a majority. Try to remember that young adolescent males can be cruel and thoughtless for a variety of reasons especially if they are in a group. This does not make their actions acceptable for any reason but I am sure they had no idea that their words would continue to inflict hurt two years later. I am so sorry their cruel remarks still resonate with you. I hope you tell your therapist how deep these feelings go so you receive help to resolve your self conscious feelings.

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.