More threads by Elena

Elena

I joined this site in 2005 and have received counsel and guidance whenever I asked for it. Thank you all for this. I haven't been able to do everything that was suggested, either because of lack of time or money,but I have kept on trying to improve myself. As a matter of fact, in that time I finished a course on translation and interpretation (at 52 keeping on learning is satisfying). I lost a job and got desperate and found another job, challenging and interesting -anxiety always with me on the one hand, and you and your support on the other. I was told today that my colleagues chose me as the best teacher of the term. I wanted to share this with you. Thanks again.
Elena :cat2:

Lana

Re: I'd like to share this with you.

Congratulations, Elena!! And thank you for including us in your life and sharing your wonderful news with us. :hug:

Retired

Elena,

I have kept on trying to improve myself. ...I lost a job and ..... found another job, challenging and interesting....... I was told today that my colleagues chose me as the best teacher of the term...

When your story is condensed to the core, we can see that your accomplishments and motivation are admirable!

You must be very proud.

anxiety always with me on the one hand, and you and your support on the other

Many of us live with the bias (used in its scientific sense) of anxiety in our lives. IMO as long as the anxiety does not adversely affect quality of life, ability to function in a productive manner, and does not impede performance, then the anxiety may be a positive attribute.

A little anxiety keeps us sharp and fresh and alert to our surroundings.

It sounds like you may have harnessed your anxiety to make you a more successful person....:cool2:

Halo

Congrats Elena....good job you should be very proud :2thumbs:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.