More threads by Vinton

Vinton

I've done this a few times on a large scale with music, photography.

I started a woodworking shop. I spend all kinds of time and energy on designing, setup, shopping for tools on&on, want the best. Everything is placed in perfect order . Its as clean as my house..I've done a few project but every time I need a new tool to get me going and finally sold it.

With photography I started a business in 73 which is still going but in 74 I was in burnout.

With music I ended up with a band and spending all my free time shopping, practicing and also ended up with a depression.

These periods will last a year + and during that time it takes all my time. Nothing else counts but that.

I'm the same with my golf. The spring comes and I'm practicing all the times.

Actually all of this kills the fun...

Also I was diagnosed with tourettes and possible OCD.

When I get onto something its like an obsession. It takes over everything..

Thanks

Vinton

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Is it bipolar?

It's a bad idea to try and diagnose anyone online - too much information is missing. That said, what you describe doesn't strongly suggest bipolar disorder.

I was diagnosed with tourettes and possible OCD.

When I get onto something its like an obsession. It takes over everything..

The diagnoses you've been given seem to fit what little you've told us about yourself and your history. Beyond that, I'd say if a qulaified mental health professional has provided these diagnoses, I'd say you're probably best to assume they have some foundation.

Tourette's and OCD are often associated. You might want to have a look at some of the threads here on Tourette's for more information.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.