More threads by Lonewolf

PrincessX

Account Closed
Yes, I apologize Lonewolf, I am not sure about the person who stitched you up. I did not mention how they may have felt themselves stitching you up without anesthesia. But then as mentioned above by Princess, she poses a very good question. I don't know why someone would allow you to be stitched without anesthesia/freezing either. I suspect, though, that in a court of law, if you had done further harm to yourself, that person who stitched you up would possibly be liable for your outcome. Even if you, Lonewolf, were responsible for denying yourself anesthetic, in my opinion, if the person stitching you did not assess that as an issue wherein you needed further help than just stitches, that kind of blows my mind.

However the hospital or legal counsel might disagree with me. Because I just thought just now: you were not in any shape really to make that call yourself. If you are not of sound mind, and you did that to yourself, a medical expert should have caught that. So that person would be on the hook for whatever happened to you next.

Depends on the legislation they follow there. It could be a dilemma. I do not think they meant any harm to Lonewolf, which is a factor taken into consideration. I just know the local legislation. There is usually help available to providers on ethical and legal dilemmas. But I know that in Canada and in the USA, any health care provider has to assess the client's ability before informed consent is initiated. Sometimes, this means the same client can be capable to decide on one procedure, but not capable to decide on another. There is guidelines and principles.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.