More threads by kant

Similar threads

New Study Sheds Light on Why Some People Gain Weight Easier Than Others 2019-01-28 ...Major new research from the University of Cambridge has provided evidence that we’re not as in control of our weight as we like to think we are. Professor of Metabolism and Medicine Sadaf Farooqi and her colleagues asked 2,000 participants whose BMIs qualified as “thin” to submit saliva samples in order to analyze their DNA, and asked them questions regarding their lifestyle habits and general health. Her...
Replies
Views
And -- in theory -- research results (including those that have not translated yet into treatment) can help one be more self-compassionate/accepting and avoid self-stigmatization, etc. With OCD research, it's also a reminder for me that I have to work on my mental health daily/habitually.
Replies
Views
Summary Previous studies of risk for autism spectrum disorders appear to have underestimated the contributions of genetics. Recent analyses indicate that 83-98% of risk is based on genetics. As studies have shown time and time again, it has nothing to do with vaccines. Autism is essentially a genetic disorder. ~ David Baxter Genetic Factors Account for the Majority of Autism Risk by Megan Brooks, Medscape September 27, 2017 Source JAMA. Published online September 26, 2017. Abstract
Replies
Views
Scientists first to use genetic engineering technique to investigate Tourette's Medical Xpress September 25, 2017 Scientists at Rutgers University-New Brunswick are the first to use a genetic engineering technique to create brain cells from the blood cells of individuals in a three-generation family with Tourette syndrome to help determine what causes the disease. "This is so important to the future research of Tourette's and other neuropsychiatric disorders because before this technique...
Replies
Views
Wendy, Take the time you need, and provide your son the information and support at the level and degree he needs at that given moment. As long as he knows that Mom has an "open door" to help him as he needs it, he'll benefit from what you do. In the meantime, know that there are resources available to you when you need them, and that we are here to help. I would also urge you to view the YouTube videos that are referenced in the article I provided you to gain a better understanding of...
Replies
Views